[FT] Ufa 1 - 1 Rangers (Ejaria 9)

Another real test for this squad in hot conditions on an artificial surface tonight. Attached is my probable XI and I think Lafferty, Halliday & McCrorie will be important as game goes on. Extra time a nightmare possibility.

Recent weeks has asked a lot so getting a result tonight will be all about 14 players rather than the usual 11. It's a demanding schedule but this is the level we need to play at. Fingers crossed we stay unbeaten into next week which would be a superb achievement.

Dl1ZPT9W0AA_fZD.jpg

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Another real test for this squad in hot conditions on an artificial surface tonight. Attached is my probable XI and I think Lafferty, Halliday & McCrorie will be important as game goes on. Extra time a nightmare possibility.

Recent weeks has asked a lot so getting a result tonight will be all about 14 players rather than the usual 11. It's a demanding schedule but this is the level we need to play at. Fingers crossed we stay unbeaten into next week which would be a superb achievement.

Dl1ZPT9W0AA_fZD.jpg

No brainer.

Tried and tested Euro line-up (except the injured Coulibaly) that have yet to concede a goal on the road.

If it's going to plan, take Morelos off after 60 and split workload with Lafferty, 30 mins.

If not, it'll be both on the park at the sametime.

Edited by buster.

20 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Sir,

That is an outrage, my Father, Grandfather, and Great Grandfather were all Commissioned Officers in the Cameronians. The proudest regiment to ever don the Douglas Tartan. The minor disagreement in West Germany concerned a number of surly barge owners. I have it on good authority, these bargees were intent upon high sea piracy. It required considerable foresight and penetrative thought on behalf of the jaked-up(Light Infantry term)Cams that decided to sink half-a-dozen of the barges. We cannot have Germans buckling their swash with impunity.

It wasn't the barges; it was the appropriation of the cargo of sunloungers, bound for the Costa del Sol, which caused the International Stooshie.

Just now, cooponthewing said:

I have to be honest buster, your not the only one. I hope it’s just pessimism?

Still don't know enough about Ufa so as well as pessimism, it's pretty much hot air.

For me it's about the workload and signs that it's catching up with some of the players. 

Rather than try and hang-on to 0-0, I think this time we really need to try and score the first goal because if it's tight going into the last quarter, I'd be hiding behind the sofa. 

Just now, buster. said:

Still don't know enough about Ufa so as well as pessimism, it's pretty much hot air.

For me it's about the workload and signs that it's catching up with some of the players. 

Rather than try and hang-on to 0-0, I think this time we really need to try and score the first goal because if it's tight going into the last quarter, I'd be hiding behind the sofa. 

Even worse if it goes to penalties. If we get through this it will be the best I've felt since we got to the Eufa Final. We're catching up on the fast-imploding Keltic anyway, but this just seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Hopefully not penalties, though I'd back Tav to do a Nacho.

5 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Even worse if it goes to penalties. If we get through this it will be the best I've felt since we got to the Eufa Final. We're catching up on the fast-imploding Keltic anyway, but this just seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Hopefully not penalties, though I'd back Tav to do a Nacho.

I'd agree in that seldom will we get a 'better route' in terms of opposition through the summer qualifiers and that we need to ride this wave and qualify for several reasons.

There is a lot at stake and hence the nerves are jangling.