Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

35 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Really Bill? You don't understand why someone might be sensitive to being described as "colluding with the enemy"? C'mon. Hold whatever views you want but words like colluding and enemy are totally loaded.

I asked before, is anyone on here a member of their local community council? If not why not? 

It doesn't seem unreasonable to describe those who are attempting to split up the UK and cause irreversible damage to the country as the enemy. It's not just a decision that can be reversed in 4 or 5 years.

No, I'm not a member of my local community council because

a) don't have the time

b) don't care enough about the issues.

c) the council will just decide to do what they want anyway.

10 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It doesn't seem unreasonable to describe those who are attempting to split up the UK and cause irreversible damage to the country as the enemy. It's not just a decision that can be reversed in 4 or 5 years.

No, I'm not a member of my local community council because

a) don't have the time

b) don't care enough about the issues.

c) the council will just decide to do what they want anyway.

Current UK Govt are doing a fine job of that on their own....

As for the Community council stuff....that's the usual approach - criticise everything that that they do, when it's other folk doing the work, but never offer your services.  I've seen that all too often whether it be local councils, youth groups or sports clubs - folk are happy to be vocal when it's not them that's involved.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

sorry to hear m8 .Glasgow city centre is a disgrace .GCC and police Scotland have given this lot a free reign.to do and sing what they want

+

Given the constant attacks on us by the press and media Im afraid its inevitable that we will be physically attacked. They have labelled us as sub human, knuckledragging, neanderthals. Its only natural that 'good' people will fight 'evil'.

Its a matter of time till someone is killed.

It's been open season on us for a while...............I'm really appalled reading about this particular incident, but I'm glad that you brought it here to highlight it.

So....now that Susan Aitken's letter is there for all to see, when is the ripping apart of her side of events???  

If everyone here is sooooo adamant that it is the SNP led council that are at fault & that the decision was taken due to political/footballing bias, then there will be an abundance of background evidence that supports this view and that the series of events that Ms Aitken has commented on will be shown to be outright lies.

Some say the letter was written by Gerry Braiden. Looks more like the work of a bleating sheep. 

How about, “wisnae me, it wis the ither yins, the heid yins say ah didnae dae wrang, youse are aw nae fair an’ ah’m greetin noo”?

A single paragraph of exculpation would have been enough and perhaps convincing if it had been backed up with enquiry into the deliberations of the Community Council. 

28 minutes ago, Darthter said:

As for the Community council stuff....that's the usual approach - criticise everything that that they do, when it's other folk doing the work, but never offer your services.  I've seen that all too often whether it be local councils, youth groups or sports clubs - folk are happy to be vocal when it's not them that's involved.

When have I ever criticised my community council?

I've offered them support by way of signing petitions etc when I agree with the issues.

As for your latter sentence and its implications, I've helped with running youth organisations in the past, been treasurer etc, and also served on the council of a national body of a pastime, not to mention being involved in a few organisations representing the Rangers support...

Sorry, but I didn't realise that you had to serve on an organisation before you could criticise it. 9_9

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

When have I ever criticised my community council?

I've offered them support by way of signing petitions etc when I agree with the issues.

As for your latter sentence and its implications, I've helped with running youth organisations in the past, been treasurer etc, and also served on the council of a national body of a pastime, not to mention being involved in a few organisations representing the Rangers support...

Sorry, but I didn't realise that you had to serve on an organisation before you could criticise it. 9_9

That last part was more of a general observation.....many folk are quick to criticise how things are run, but are reluctant to offer a practical solution themselves.

Ont his particular subject that actually aren't enough people questioning the Community council - after all , it was them who raised the initial objection and apparently refused to with draw it.  All to easy for many on here to simply go down the "SNP bad" route...