Rangers staff risk stoking sectarianism hints Glasgow council boss Susan Aitken

1 minute ago, Darthter said:

what if your already a member of both...is that not allowed??

Of course it's allowed and you won't be the only one.

I must admit although I try to keep my politics separate from my football allegiances, I do find it increasingly difficult not to be concerned about the behaviour of the SNP.  FWIW, none of the parties really interest me or make me feel I have much in common with them but the SNP least of all for sure.

Have any of the SNP supporters on here written to their party leaders on some of the disappointing stuff we've seen linked to Rangers of late?

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Have any of the SNP supporters on here written to their party leaders on some of the disappointing stuff we've seen linked to Rangers of late?

I know of a couple that have written concerning SNP members posting personal views from Official accounts.

The main problem is knowing where the truth sits in many of the stories.  Without knowing facts, it makes things VERY difficult.

I actually find it utterly bizarre for a Scottish NATIONAL Party member to close ranks with faux-Irish nationalists ... and you wonder whether many of these chaps are actually RCs either. From the outside it looks like a massive PR stunt to gather sheep under the anti-British pro-Independence banner, only that they go in bed with the devil ...

Edited by der Berliner

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I know of a couple that have written concerning SNP members posting personal views from Official accounts.

The main problem is knowing where the truth sits in many of the stories.  Without knowing facts, it makes things VERY difficult.

I'd agree that in general there's definitely two sides to every story and we're often quick to avoid the other side.

However, with regard to this story and others (such as their imbalanced behaviour on social media) then I can see why some of our fans are fed up.  The party leaders certainly don't do much to change the perception.

17 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I'd agree that in general there's definitely two sides to every story and we're often quick to avoid the other side.

However, with regard to this story and others (such as their imbalanced behaviour on social media) then I can see why some of our fans are fed up.  The party leaders certainly don't do much to change the perception.

With regard to this story, one side is saying it was the council leaders intervention (based on bias against the club) that blocked the application.....the other side is saying that not enough was done by the club to persuade the objection to be withdrawn & that proper procedure was followed.  Which side is correct???  I would very much doubt that anyone on here will be privy to the real information.

Can I ask Darthter, how do you feel when elected representatives like Brendan O'Hara and Julie McKenzie openly and flagrantly refer to Rangers supporters using the'H' word?

Does it make you question your political allegiance? Or do you see support for the party as merely a means to an end and reluctantly accept that there will be members with vastly differing cultural standpoints (some of which hate your kind) to yours as a necessary evil?

39 minutes ago, Darthter said:

With regard to this story, one side is saying it was the council leaders intervention (based on bias against the club) that blocked the application.....the other side is saying that not enough was done by the club to persuade the objection to be withdrawn & that proper procedure was followed.  Which side is correct???  I would very much doubt that anyone on here will be privy to the real information.

As with most stories, I'd imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle (and I'm certainly unconvinced bias was the reason).

However, the behaviour of the politicians in question has been dreadful at best. 

8 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Can I ask Darthter, how do you feel when elected representatives like Brendan O'Hara and Julie McKenzie openly and flagrantly refer to Rangers supporters using the'H' word?

Does it make you question your political allegiance? Or do you see support for the party as merely a means to an end and reluctantly accept that there will be members with vastly differing cultural standpoints (some of which hate your kind) to yours as a necessary evil?

It does not change my political views or allegiance one little bit.  To me, the SNP are the ONLY political part that are working for the benefit of Scotland.

I have no issue with elected representatives voicing personal opinion...but they should NOT be doing it via any official Party connected accounts - and that goes for ANY political representative.  None of them should be voicing personal opinion via official accounts.

The best way to combat that is for their own constituents to complain - they are the people who hold the most power.  I have been considering for a while contacting the Party over members voicing personal opinion via party accounts, but haven't got round to collating specific examples.  There are processes in place to deal with complaints - folk should use them more.