Celtic v Rangers: Becoming the real deal...

6 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'd like to think that Gerrard will be punishing the players for things like that.  It could have cost us, albeit the kick out was stupid and not dangerous, and we need to keep our heads better in that environment.

If it were a one off I'd tend to let it go but generally we need to get our discipline sorted out.

It is happening too much and has already cost us this season, not to mention only a heroic display by the 9 men preventing huge damage.

McGregor does this kind of thing too often and should know by now the slightest indiscretion will be picked up by linesmen, 4th officials and the referee is they see it.  And if not, trial by BBC will be immediate.

27 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'd like to think that Gerrard will be punishing the players for things like that.  It could have cost us, albeit the kick out was stupid and not dangerous, and we need to keep our heads better in that environment.

Drop him for a game or 2 & a few harsh words.  won't go wrong in the grander scheme of things.

2 hours ago, Darthter said:

Whereas Ceptic reducing Rangers allocation was an act of "tit-for-tat".  Their decision was not taken to benefit their own fans.

I agree, it was 'tit for tat', and almost inevitable unfortunately, you would hope that someone could rise above that for the benefit of the game ( no chance of course).  In my opinion it would have been for the benefit of the game. I do take an interest in what that club and their fans say, I think it would be remiss not to.

Someone in the  'Cllr Aitken' thread alluded to the fact that a certain section of society has placed themselves prominently in the political world,  prominent out of proportion to their actual size in the country (the minority) whilst another section of society ( the majority) had taken their eye of the ball.  I think that that would be true, from what I've witnessed, in the other 'estates' as well. It won't come as a surprise to anyone, that they are all represented in numbers in the stands of the piggery. So, I try to pay attention to what their board, manager, and fans say.

From what I can make out, many of their fans have recognised that the absence of Rangers fans in any number at the game detracts from what the occasion, in large part,  is about for them i.e. the chance to give it to us tight. I would be willing to bet that that in large part, for very many of us, is a big part of what going to these games is about. It's what makes the game what it is, and the atmosphere that it creates, and that's what sells this game. If things maintain as they are then I have no doubt that in time, for them and us, the special significance of this fixture will decline, along with interest.

Edited by The Shed
fucking up since way back.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3181818/rangers-celtic-old-firm-disabled-fans-crushed-video/

CRUSH OUTRAGE 

Disabled Rangers fan left bleeding in terrifying Old Firm crush blasts ‘disgraceful’ supporters who stampeded during Celtic lap of honour

MS sufferer Evelyn Campbell, 49, fears she could've been killed as the Hoops passed Parkhead’s away section

EXCLUSIVE
By Ryan Thom
8th September 2018, 10:20 pm

Updated: 8th September 2018, 10:23 pm

Play Video

DISABLED Rangers fans have hit out after they were left injured by a terrifying crowd surge during the Old Firm clash with Celtic.

Video footage has emerged showing a stampede as Hoops aces toasted their 1-0 win with a lap of honour that passed Parkhead’s away section.

Footage shows fans running down to the bottom of the stand

Footage shows fans running down to the bottom of the stand

Three wheelchair users were crushed including MS sufferer Evelyn Campbell, 49, who was treated for bumps and bleeding from her ear.

But she fears she could have been killed.

MS sufferer Evelyn Campbell, 49, fears she could’ve been killed

TOM FARMER - THE SUN GLASGOW
MS sufferer Evelyn Campbell, 49, fears she could’ve been killed

She said: “I was in the first disabled bay with my daughter.

“I got pushed forward on my chair with my head landing on my knees.

Celtic order independent review into crush chaos after five fans left injured ahead of Rangers clash at Parkhead

“I thought I was going to fall off. If I didn’t have my belt secured on the chair it would probably have killed me.

“The fans get excited but to fly in from behind was just disgraceful.

Celtic players celebrate during the lap of honour

Celtic players celebrate during the lap of honour

Fans begin to race down the stand

Fans begin to race down the stand

“My spine was stretched — it was horrendous.”

Steven Sinclair from Stevenston, Ayrshire, and Scott Robb, from Ayr, were also hurt.

Scott, 38, who has cerebral palsy, had a wrist spasm when fans bashed his chair, while Steven suffered neck and shoulder bruising.

Steven Sinclair suffered neck and shoulder bruising.

Steven Sinclair suffered neck and shoulder bruising.

While Scott with cerebral palsy had a wrist spasm

While Scott with cerebral palsy had a wrist spasm

Scott said: “Rangers supporters should have been allowed to leave before the lap of honour.”

The 800 away fans were held for 15 minutes after full-time on safety advice of police.

Hoops ace Ryan Christie has shrugged off claims Hoops’ celebrations are over the top.

Celtic declined to comment on whether they were a factor in last Sunday’s incident.

scottish-sun@the-sun.co.uk

7 hours ago, forlanssister said:

“Rangers supporters should have been allowed to leave before the lap of honour.

That won't be happening with the reduced allocation.

Not a good situation but the stewards should've been more prepared and the bottom line is the yahoo players are a bit of an embarrassment for having a lap of honour after beating a new club 1-0.

While this must have been a terrifying experience for those wheelchair users at the piggery, surely the story is that the disgusting antics of the bheast players could have caused a riot. Players and managers have been warned continually over their behaviour in not stoking up or antagonising the opposing fans, yet these classless scumbags are allowed to do a triumphant dance in front of the Rangers section.

We know fine well that had the roles been reversed the story headlines would be "tasteless triumphalism almost kills disabled fans" and calls for those players leading the antics to be banned.

15 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

While this must have been a terrifying experience for those wheelchair users at the piggery, surely the story is that the disgusting antics of the bheast players could have caused a riot. Players and managers have been warned continually over their behaviour in not stoking up or antagonising the opposing fans, yet these classless scumbags are allowed to do a triumphant dance in front of the Rangers section.

We know fine well that had the roles been reversed the story headlines would be "tasteless triumphalism almost kills disabled fans" and calls for those players leading the antics to be banned.

The main narrative has to be the safety of fans and actually learning lessons that help towards that. Not competing for putting others down.

Celtic PLC, it's security arrangements and the irresponsibility of their players (including exterior of stadium).

Those supporters of ours who endangered and injured wheelchair users need to take a long hard long at themselves, there is NO excuse.

Edited by buster.