Europa League discussion

22 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Yep, and unless my maths aren't correct, so far we got roughly Euro 3.7m from progressing through 3 qualifying rounds and reaching the group phase ... thus far. Uncounted the prelimnary round money now.

Extending that and using conservative estimates...........would give us in the region of 14M Euros gross

2.92M.......... Starting fees

1.2M............... Fixed amounts (performance bonus for wins/draws/progression in tournament)

1M............... Coefficient ranking (I make it 14 teams below us in 10 year co-eff table/ 14 x 71K)

1M............... Market pool (TV Money / don't know split amounts so complete guesstimate)

780K........... Solidarity payments (Qualifier pyts)

3M..............4 x Home Qualifiers (varying price structure / revenue)

4M..............3 x Home group games

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:
TopHeader_RFC_2x_1i40.jpg

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE

RANGERS FC V SK RAPID WIEN – THURSDAY 4 OCTOBER
RANGERS FC V FC SPARTAK MOSCOW – THURSDAY 25 OCTOBER
RANGERS FC V VILLAREAL CF – THURSDAY 29 NOVEMBER

DISCOUNTED SEASON TICKET 3 MATCH PACKAGE PRICES
Adults £105    Concessions £72    Juniors just £48!

Rangers No: 

Dear Season Ticket holder,

We are delighted to have advanced to the Group Stages of the UEFA Europa League and can now inform you that tickets for the three Home games will be sold as a package.

Buy your own seat for the three Group Stage Home games from 9am Wednesday 5 Septemberuntil  Wednesday 12 September.

Season Ticket holder 3 match package prices are:
Adults £105    Concessions  £72    Juniors £48

TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM THE FOLLOWING SALES CHANNELS:
online here*
- Ticket hotline 0871 702 1972* (calls cost 13ppm plus network extras)
- Rangers Ticket Centre

*Booking fees apply. 

Bar 72 and section MLF season ticket holders should note that smartcards will be automatically activated for these games.

Best regards,

Rangers Ticket Centre

I was surprised it was £105 for the package? I thought they would have kept it £30 per game. Think I would have kept it just under £100 at the very most?

However, £105 it is and looking forward to it?

16 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Price is one thing three days to pay it is another. Terrible by the club . No need for it to be paid so early .

Any parents with kids that they take to the game shouldn't be expected to find that sort of money in three days.

Get it sorted Rangers

I may be wrong but 

27 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

£105 for the EL is a bit much tbh. For CL yes but not the EL.

Just hope we don’t up up with lots of empty seats.

I think we will sell out.

15 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Price is one thing three days to pay it is another. Terrible by the club . No need for it to be paid so early .

Any parents with kids that they take to the game shouldn't be expected to find that sort of money in three days.

Get it sorted Rangers

I think there will be plenty of demand by others if some find they can't afford it.

19 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

£105 for the EL is a bit much tbh. For CL yes but not the EL.

Just hope we don’t up up with lots of empty seats.

I remember this happened back in the 90's with our CL campaign with Juve, Dortmund and Steaua. The 3 game price package were way too high and there were loads of empty seats. Dortmund at home for example was only about 33,000. 

I'm no business expert but surely a price structure that enables 3 full houses has many benefits. On a football front, there is nothing more demoralising than empty seats and we will need the crowd for these games. On the commercial side, surely more people means more being spent in the stadium etc. 

Are celtic not doing theirs for about £72? 

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

I may be wrong but 

I think we will sell out.

I think there will be plenty of demand by others if some find they can't afford it.

Agree but not really the point tbf. Tough titty is not the way to treat loyal customers

Looks like it's sorted now. Probably just an oversight 

2 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

That's superb by the club and the slo for getting it sorted.  Good on them for listening to fans concerns 

I don’t mind paying it but it is a heck of a lot of money for EL. The three teams are not the most glamorous either. I honestly don’t know why you would not keep it under £100 for eg? Why £105?