Europa League discussion

I was surprised we let Zak Rudden go on loan without any sort of replacement.

Morelos, Lafferty and Sadiq doesn't scream depth (or goals actually) but I guess we can always sign a free agent in an emergency (or perhaps we have the option to recall Hardie or Rudden).

• Frankie changed the title to Europa League discussion
15 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I was surprised we let Zak Rudden go on loan without any sort of replacement.

Morelos, Lafferty and Sadiq doesn't scream depth (or goals actually) but I guess we can always sign a free agent in an emergency (or perhaps we have the option to recall Hardie or Rudden).

Any suggestions mate? I was very surprised we never went for another Striker.

We have 22 players in List 'A' (max of 25)

We haven't 25 because we won't be able to fit the necessary quota regards 'club trained players' and/or 'association trained players'.

Squad List

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/clubs/club=50121/squad/

Rather than try and explain the ins and outs, here is a link that does it better......Go to page 38 and the section starting at 42.01

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

ps.

Note that our current squad list is what has to do us all the way to the Final.....with a maximum of 3 changes allowed after the group stage and before Feb 1st, always respecting the quotas (club trained players' and 'association trained players').

Edited by buster.

7 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Any suggestions mate? I was very surprised we never went for another Striker.

No idea mate.

There are many out there but if they're without a club it's usually for a good reason.

As a follow-on from the squad post........It seems as though Lee Wallace hasn't been included because we are limited in available slots. 

Football wise that suggests SG sees Left Back pecking order as:

1. Barisic

2. Flanagan (if not covering for Tav or suspended)

3. Halliday (if not covering for midfield)

Wallace doesn't provide the versatility that the others do. 

------------

Regards Rossiter/Dorrans 

The later is I think an 'association trained player' (ATP) which may be why he was able to be included. 

Edited by buster.

Would Wallace not be an association trained player, due to him being in Scotland all his career, and therefore would be able to be included without detriment to our quotas?

I am guessing that by association trained player, that he has to have come through the youth ranks within Scotland, or qualify for Scotland? Both of which boxes Wallace ticks.

Maybe he's still on the "to-go-on-loan" list and clubs looking at him wanted to see him play first after the lengthy spell on the sidelines?

As has been said, Wallace is very much the archetypical left-back, whereas Flanagan and Halliday both offer versatility. It might well be that we do indeed look to adopt a 3-CH defence every now and then and needed more room for CHs. But as TB said above, Wallace would be a association-trained player nonetheless and could have taken the place of one of the 9 (sic!) youngsters, many of which will probably not board even one plane.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Would Wallace not be an association trained player, due to him being in Scotland all his career, and therefore would be able to be included without detriment to our quotas?

I am guessing that by association trained player, that he has to have come through the youth ranks within Scotland, or qualify for Scotland? Both of which boxes Wallace ticks.

As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for "locally trained players" and no club may have more than four "association-trained players" listed in these eight places on List A

We have four association-trained players (ATP) and one club-trained player (CTP).

4 + 1 = 5

Minimum of locally trained players (ATP + CTP) = 8 less 5 (number we actually have) = 3 empty slots = 22 man squad