In his post-match interview Gerrard speaks of not having any other option but to play Morelos last night, so unless Sadiq git injured against Motherwell reserves/in training that wouldn't paint an optimistic picture.

Prior to the semi-final we have..........

Sun 30/09/18 PRE Livingston 14 : 30 Rangers   More info
Thu 04/10/18 UEL Rangers 21 : 00 Rapid Wien   More info
Sun 07/10/18 PRE Rangers 16 : 00 Hearts   More info
Sun 21/10/18 PRE Hamilton Acade… 14 : 30 Rangers   More info
Thu 25/10/18 UEL Rangers 21 : 00 Spartak Moskva

I can't see him getting many first team minutes.

More like Reserve games.

A very confusing signing. As soon as I saw the youtube footage of him I knew he was mince. Youtube makes Windass look like Ronaldo but they could hardly scrape a couple of decent goals together for Sadiq.

It looks like he'll struggle to feature and our lack of striking options remains a concern.

An injury to one or both of Lafferty (hardly inconceivable) leaves us very short.  The semi is just one game so hopefully Grezda or Middleton can play there but if we were to lose either of our two strikers for any length of time then we could be in big trouble.

There is the option of bringing in a free transfer but that in itself is hardly the best solution given these guys are likely to be well short of full fitness.

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The semi is just one game so hopefully Grezda or Middleton can play there

With Morelos and Lafferty out I was relieved we drew Aberdeen because I do think the other two are better just now. I think we will manage with one of Middleton or Grezda up front, both have a record of good finishing and the pace to get in behind. What we might lack is the focal point that Morelos and Lafferty bring as natural strikers who've played on their own up front a lot.

39 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It looks like he'll struggle to feature and our lack of striking options remains a concern.

An injury to one or both of Lafferty (hardly inconceivable) leaves us very short.  The semi is just one game so hopefully Grezda or Middleton can play there but if we were to lose either of our two strikers for any length of time then we could be in big trouble.

There is the option of bringing in a free transfer but that in itself is hardly the best solution given these guys are likely to be well short of full fitness.

If I was the gaffer I’d be making a call to Darren Bent. Give him a few reserve games to get up to speed with a view to playing in the semi.