5 hours ago, buster. said:

It was the management teams reaction to going down to ten men at Aberdeen that gives me confidence that they can find an effective way of getting over the the lack of a centre forward.

Probably more important is keeping our general momentum flowing.

Agree. We played well and with 10 men. Need to find a way to keep hold of the mall as that is Morelos big strength. 

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Not really, we've loaned out Rudden and Hardie.

For me the wingers would give you pace and finishing. An alternative would be Arfield who I think would do very well as a link up man and is equally good at finishing, you just lose the pace. Arfield may be the better option but it's all down to how the game is going to be played.

Maybe, but I just think the role is rather specific. A winger could do the job but it's not the same; having pace and finishing is not enough if they are not used to the movements and positioning.

Arfield's a no go, for me; he's an 8, not a forward. 

A false 9 may be a middle way, but that is a different way of playing, putting more emphasis on the wingers.

I agree, it depends on how we want to approach it. It's a tricky one.    

I think it's fair to say Sadiq won't see much first team action at Rangers.

With Morelos and Lafferty out for the semi, I'd play Middleton up front.  His pace is scary, he has his head screwed on and he can certainly score.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Maybe, but I just think the role is rather specific. A winger could do the job but it's not the same; having pace and finishing is not enough if they are not used to the movements and positioning.

Arfield's a no go, for me; he's an 8, not a forward. 

A false 9 may be a middle way, but that is a different way of playing, putting more emphasis on the wingers.

I agree, it depends on how we want to approach it. It's a tricky one.    

It is only Aberdeen. Get Broxi Bear in.:D