How would you rate Morelos so far?

28 goals in 61 is OK but the ratio needs to improve. He also has a tendency to fluff big chances. 

However, for the first time in a while, he's a striker we have that I have confidence in to make 'something' happen whenever he gets the ball in the final third. 

I think many of our strikers in recent years would have bottled that third goal vs Vienna. 

Overall, his career tally stands at 80 in 148, he's only not long turned 22 too! Definitely a good signing so far, but needs to nail down some consistency, score more in the league, and stop the petulance. He's definitely the type of player we need to be signing - low cost, young, potential high value. He's the type of player extremely well run, modern clubs like Dortmund regularly sign. 

If he has a very good season this year (10 goals so far), chances are he may be off. The mark of a well run club is having 3 or 4 players already lined up to replace him should he leave.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

All his cards have come from petulance so remove that blot and we have a great wee player,still as this is part of his nature removal may cause him to be less effective,so it is a "catch22" situation.

His recent performances must have defenders shaking in their boots,yes definitely a gem.

Great player to have around.  There is room for improvement - especially regarding clinical finishing and temper - but he has been a fantastic signing.

The fact our detractors dislike him so much tells its own story.

15 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Worth noting he didnt start in all of those 61 games. I make it 28 in 53 starts. 

Better looking return. Not to be a negative nancy (although I fully admit I am), but he did have a really bad streak last season. We were completely pish though so I'll let him off.

Tbh I love him too 

13 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

All his cards have come from petulance so remove that blot and we have a great wee player,still as this is part of his nature removal may cause him to be less effective,so it is a "catch22" situation.

His recent performances must have defenders shaking in their boots,yes definitely a gem.

The last time we had a striker that could properly get in the noses of decent defences, and score too, was Daniel Cousin by my watch. 

I remember him having a stormer of a game against the tims. 

Edit - In fact, I am speaking complete shite. The last would be Jelavic.

32 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Hes a wee gem. Works so hard and scores well. Must be a nightmare to play against. 

Needs to argue less and score a few more. 

I love him. 

His whole family sit in the main stand. There's a fair group of them! Bet they couldn't believe what the fuck they were seeing on Thursday. That atmosphere man, unreal.