Brighton Sniffing Around Tav

Flanagan is a very different player but has impressed me a lot on the left.  On the right, he'd perhaps be more comfortable and while he may not have the same dead ball or creative threat as Tav, his passing and defensive work are more than acceptable if Tav does move on at some point.

We'd be a far, far poorer team if Flanagan was our right back instead of Tav.

Tav's pace, athleticism and attacking instincts brings so much to the team in numerous ways.

His market value may be, say, £10m but he's worth more to us than that. I'd go as far as saying that if we sell him in Jan then our challenge for the league disappears.

8 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We'd be a far, far poorer team if Flanagan was our right back instead of Tav.

Tav's pace, athleticism and attacking instincts brings so much to the team in numerous ways.

His market value may be, say, £10m but he's worth more to us than that. I'd go as far as saying that if we sell him in Jan then our challenge for the league disappears.

Here, here............

Since 2015, has been our best player.

That said, if we were offered 10M, we have to take it.

I think offers would start at about 5M and for that I'd say no.

Edited by buster.

13 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The list of players we have made bucketloads on is endless. Boumsong and Hutton and erm....

Cuellar, Ferguson, Steven, Wilson and more.  It isn’t as bad as first seems

15 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

If we were to look at the percentage of players we have made a profit on in the last 20 years I don't think it would make great reading. 

Historically, the issue has been our general failure to improve enough players.

To have a football operation that is very much about improving players and currently a staff that seem to be very competent makes a sea change from anything I've seen in more than 40 years at Ibrox.

Gerrard on the subject.

All my players are for sale. Let’s get it out in the open. Every single one of my players is for sale. They have all got a price. But they are not the old prices. It’s the new prices. So if you want them then come with loads of money and you can have them.

Any club that wants my captain. They best go to the bank and get an awful lot of money out - or he’s not going.

5 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Does anyone remember when Martin Bain was telling the media that Daniel Cousin had a £3 million minimum fee release clause? Hoping the days of whoring out all of our players for bugger all money are behind us.

Did you have to mention Martin Bain? Just being reminded of that useless bastard has ruined an otherwise decent day.