[FT] Rangers 3 - 1 Hearts (Kent 3, Morelos 13, Arfield 32)

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Katic looks a more solid defender than Worrell.  In my opinion, he's the best central defender we have.

Agreed, from the games Ive watched Katic looks quality and the best so far. I think the addition of Worrell is clever though as we need 4 centre halfs for the amount of games and Gerrard is just giving them all game time. With McAuley and McCrorie then the position is covered.

I think Worral is better on the ball; Katic just seems to kick it out of play -- not a bad thing in itself, but keeping it in play is better. 

But, Katic is less prone to a mistake, I think.

I don't see much between them. 

I think Worral came in because Katic had an injury, and Worral's been immense in the games he's came in -- except the Livi game, but I don't think he was as bad as some suggested.

It's a long season.

Worrall has been absolutely fine and is definitely better on the ball which is why I think he's been preferred for the moment.

Both he and Katic are still young so it makes sense to rotate them where required.

4 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

For me it’s a tough one as Katic is our player. There is not much between the two at the moment and I would like to see us develop our own.

An important consideration.

Over a season we'll need all the CB's but I don't think it's the best position to keep rotating just for spreading the minutes between the players.

Whilst on that theme, I think keeping an unchanged team helped our start to the Hearts game.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Katic is a far better defender in my eyes. I think it is big Jaws that says"Worrel is 6'4ín  but jumps to 5'10in" I totally agree for such a big guy he is crap in the air.

Worrall was rag-dolled by the big Hearts centre forward out wide and it gave away a chance that McGregor saved.

Question for anyone, do you think Katic would have done better ?

I'd like to think so but simply don't know.

What helps a defenders confidence is having Scotlands No.1 behind them. McGregor has been outstanding and hasnt looked like he has been away. Shame he is 36. I think when you get a keeper of this quality they will always be even better playing in their comfort zone and for the team they support which is why McGregor (like Goram) is never anything less than a 9/10. And playing for Rangers can be quite tough for some players so its a compliment saying McGregor is in his comfort zone with Rangers.