Probably one of the worst performances I’ve witnessed and that’s saying something. Managed to make a piss poor Israel team look like world beaters. Not that we should be surprised with McLeish tactics, plays both Robertson and Tierney and both out of position.

McLeish should never have got the job in the first place. Israel (94th in the world rankings) had over 30 shots at goal and McGregor saved us from a hiding tbh.

There is a decent bunch of young players there but they have given the job to the wrong man. To think there was talk of him coming back to Ibrox not long ago?

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I think the Scotland team and it's consistent under-achievement is a perfect metaphor for the incompetence of the people running the game (into the ground). Tonight was simply the latest example of mission accomplished ... another triumph of failure and stupidity. Congratulations to all concerned.

I was watching this game. In could loosely be described as a contest up until Scotland scored the penalty. The Scots then parked the bus in a 4-5-1 formation.
Naismith attempted to put up a challenge for about ten minutes then ran out of steam. All this in the first half.
I couldn't watch their anemic efforts and switched off at half-time. It doesn't surprise me that they got beaten.
Mind you, the pool of players from which to pick a team is pretty poor. 

18 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Kieran Tierney's cache among the PLO supporting Green Brigade has nose dived. It doesn't get any worse than scoring the winner for Israel!

He's young, so every day is a shul day.....

8 hours ago, barca72 said:

I was watching this game. In could loosely be described as a contest up until Scotland scored the penalty. The Scots then parked the bus in a 4-5-1 formation.
Naismith attempted to put up a challenge for about ten minutes then ran out of steam. All this in the first half.
I couldn't watch their anemic efforts and switched off at half-time. It doesn't surprise me that they got beaten.
Mind you, the pool of players from which to pick a team is pretty poor. 

I disagree with regards to the squad. I think this is the best squad we've had in a while. We're short in some areas but there are some decent players there (especially midfield). Many of our squad play in the EPL and on paper they are superior than NI and ROI and on a par with Wales (outwith Bale). They just need a proper coach to shape them, not a guy who is living off success from 12 years ago. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops