Rangers and Scotland

Two words that just don’t seem to go together anymore. Gone are the days where the heart of the team are Rangers players.

After a raft of call offs I looked on with interest as McLeish and his back room staff turned to likes of:

Michael Devlin

Graeme Shinnie

Gary Mackay Stevens

Three players from an Aberdeen side who are struggling to find form.

Surely players such as:

Glen Middleton

Andy Halliday

Ryan Jack (I believe his back fit)

Graeme Dorrans

Ross McCrorie

Who are all playing European football this season would have been a better bet than the aforementioned three?

In fact even Hamburg’s David Bates would have been a better choice than Devlin.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

For varying reasons, none of the five Rangers players you list currently deserve to be in front of the Sheep3.

Only one of the five (Jack) will probably start in the up-coming semi-final and that depends on him proving his fitness.

I think its fair to say Rangers are moving forward and Scotland are moving backwards.

Overall Scotland have been on a mass downward spiral for the best part of 15 years and of course the SFA wouldnt even consider looking long term back then with a Belgian, Spanish, German type model in place. We are never going to reach that heights but you see countries of similar population punching well above their weight.

I would say the current Scottish Gers would at least be in any 23 man squad but its pretty obvious the SFA have a criteria to keep to - of course that wont be admitted but we all know the fans of other clubs would become Boo boys if there is a team with Gers players.

2 minutes ago, Gribz said:

I think its fair to say Rangers are moving forward and Scotland are moving backwards.

Overall Scotland have been on a mass downward spiral for the best part of 15 years and of course the SFA wouldnt even consider looking long term back then with a Belgian, Spanish, German type model in place. We are never going to reach that heights but you see countries of similar population punching well above their weight.

I would say the current Scottish Gers would at least be in any 23 man squad but its pretty obvious the SFA have a criteria to keep to - of course that wont be admitted but we all know the fans of other clubs would become Boo boys if there is a team with Gers players.

Which Rangers players are being unfairly kept out?

You would have to be daft to play for Scotland think about it every time they play you get a two week break to concentrate on your fitness for your employer and I think they give their fee to charity bonkers charity begins with number one .

1 minute ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Which Rangers players are being unfairly kept out?

None with the recent squad due to injury etc but lets see the next squad when all our players are fit. McCrorie, Jack and Dorrans should all walk into it.  

8 minutes ago, Gribz said:

If Rangers continue to move forwards then Scotland will benefit.

If the players deserve to be called up, they are more than likely to be called up.

McGregor is currently the only one, he did well and wasn't booed.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

If Rangers continue to move forwards then Scotland will benefit.

If the players deserve to be called up, they are more than likely to be called up.

McGregor is currently the only one, he did well and wasn't booed.

Anyone who would Boo McGregor would be bonkers and they know that. Like Goram I think even our most fierce rivals know how good he is and what top form he is in.