Silly Lafferty

14 hours ago, Briton said:

I admit I'm assuming that; my reasoning is that she is now complaining.  Of course if she requested the idiot to send a picture of his tackle then  that's a different matter. 

She could have blocked him at the first message but didn't. Started filming. No copies of requests to stop messaging. No copies of any of her messages. 

Complaining? You go to the police. A stitch up to make money? You go to the papers. 

It's possible that it was totally unsolicited but the evidence makes it did that it's extremely unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

She could have blocked him at the first message but didn't. Started filming. No copies of requests to stop messaging. No copies of any of her messages. 

Complaining? You go to the police. A stitch up to make money? You go to the papers. 

It's possible that it was totally unsolicited but the evidence makes it did that it's extremely unlikely. 

I don't think it reasonable to expect a 22 year old girl to block or seriously discourage a relatively famous footballer.

If it developed into a stitch-up to make money then it followed a not uncommon path which footballers or other people in the public eye should be more than aware of when engaging in social media.

The more fundamental question is why did KL go down this dangerous path when he has a young family and knows of the pitfalls of sending pics of your tadger to the whole world. It suggests he has 'issues' of one kind or another and may need some help.

31 minutes ago, buster. said:

I don't think it reasonable to expect a 22 year old girl to block or seriously discourage a relatively famous footballer.

Girls do it all the time. You and I may not do it too much, but they live their lives on social media and would block people regularly...plus the story was that she didn't know he was a famous footballer.

If it developed into a stitch-up to make money then it followed a not uncommon path which footballers or other people in the public eye should be more than aware of when engaging in social media.

Agreed.

The more fundamental question is why did KL go down this dangerous path when he has a young family and knows of the pitfalls of sending pics of your tadger to the whole world.

Agreed

It suggests he has 'issues' of one kind or another and may need some help.

Footballers have always played around. It's been going on for years and I doubt there's ever been a Rangers team in the 60 years where there weren't several players  at "it" at any point in time. It just takes a different form now. We can all have our opinions as the morality of it and the risk involved, but it's not that out of the ordinary for British footballers.

13 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Footballers have always played around. It's been going on for years and I doubt there's ever been a Rangers team in the 60 years where there weren't several players  at "it" at any point in time. It just takes a different form now. We can all have our opinions as the morality of it and the risk involved, but it's not that out of the ordinary for British footballers.

Agreed but as a club who are looking to get the best out of a player on the pitch, I think behind the scenes we should try to get to the bottom of it, help where and if possible.

On the pitch he has been going fairly well, looking lean and with a decent attitude. SG desperately needs his second centre forward option available and firing....so the bottomline will be doing whatever he considers best to not have a spanner thrown into the works. A short, sharp word in his ear from SG may be considered enough but will probably only kick the can down the road a bit.

Edited by buster.

5 hours ago, buster. said:

The more fundamental question is why did KL go down this dangerous path when he has a young family and knows of the pitfalls of sending pics of your tadger to the whole world. It suggests he has 'issues' of one kind or another and may need some help.

But she says she didn't even know who he was when he first messaged her... so how does she know he was a famous footballer ?

57 minutes ago, craig said:

But she says she didn't even know who he was when he first messaged her... so how does she know he was a famous footballer ?

Who knows ? Mibbes she knew, mibbes she didnae.

The most relevant part of this for me is getting Lafferty back on the rails wrt football, or perhaps that should be preventing him go off them.