Ian Durrant Caught Up In Bigotry Storm

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

I am not a bigot, but say FTP, entirely due to the cover up of mass child rape, if you cover it up you are as guilty as the ones who did it! again I am not a bigot but FTP! and the Vatican and shove their cult up their arse!

It doesn't matter what you or anyone else using the term thinks.

The fact is that by doing so you make it much easier for our detractors/RC Church to point the finger at whoever it is saying FTP and shout 'bigot'. 

If you want to address the diegraceful issue of industrial scale child rape, then attempt to push those responsible into a corner rather than opening the door for them to leave.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

It doesn't matter what you or anyone else using the term thinks.

The fact is that by doing so you make it much easier for our detractors/RC Church to point the finger at whoever it is saying FTP and shout 'bigot'. 

If you want to address the diegraceful issue of industrial scale child rape, then attempt to push those responsible into a corner rather than opening the door for them to leave.

They can shout all they want and call me a bigot, I'm not! however the Pope should be in jail for the mass cover up of child rape! listen to the words of the song in the youtube video I posted!FTP!

Just now, ian1964 said:

They can shout all they want and call me a bigot, I'm not! however the Pope should be in jail for the mass cover up of child rape! listen to the words of the song in the youtube video I posted!FTP!

I think we all agree but what does this have to do with a decorated ex-player voicing this at a supporters function. Stick to football

Would a non-'decorated' player be allowed to say it?  Either way, it's pretty tame going at a supporters function.  

Durrant is no longer employed by Rangers and he's entitled to his own opinion on whatever he sees fit.  

The Tims would love us to just stick to football.  That way they can run the country, the press, the education system, public transport etc.  I'm not suggesting that saying FTP is a way to combat this but we need to stop doing what we're told.  Obedient little boys never change anything.

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Would a non-'decorated' player be allowed to say it?  Either way, it's pretty tame going at a supporters function.  

Durrant is no longer employed by Rangers and he's entitled to his own opinion on whatever he sees fit.  

The Tims would love us to just stick to football.  That way they can run the country, the press, the education system, public transport etc.  I'm not suggesting that saying FTP is a way to combat this but we need to stop doing what we're told.  Obedient little boys never change anything.

Dress it up anyway you want. He's there because of his Rangers career. Employed or not he should know better. 

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Tims would love us to keep shouting FTP.

By and large, Rangers fans have stopped that add-on at matches. 

Some of you seem to want to take that further, into private functions, which are put on by Rangers fans for Rangers fans.  A self-imposed Bear nanny state, of sorts.

Of course, that is never going to happen and unfortunately, with modern technology and social media, there'll always be a daftie who films and shares.  

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I don't think it the best way to put your point accross unless you want to give them an easy out.

I don't worry about giving them an 'easy way out', I hammer them on a point that is completely indefensible and unanswerable.
If their sensibilities are in any way bruised by the expression of 'F**k the Pope' so be it, their actions, words and message are deeply flawed.

Edited by barca72

44 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think we all agree but what does this have to do with a decorated ex-player voicing this at a supporters function. Stick to football

Child abuse is involved in football, as is religion & politics, he isn't saying anything everybody else would! as I said only in Scotland is it offensive to call a BHEAST out it seems!