Ian Durrant Caught Up In Bigotry Storm

22 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

There is a difference, though. Israel says don’t mess with us and we’ll leave you alone whereas Holy Church and the servants thereof must strain every sinew to bring about the conversion and redemption of the sinners of the world. I don’t believe there is a Jewish eqivalent of the Society of Jesus.

I'm not getting into the nuts and bolts of that on this thread, Scott.

Suffice to say that they are both formidable in terms of lobbying influence/power.

They'd both be in the upper half of Pot 1 !

Edited by buster.

5 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Put this another way, Barca. 

You listen to an arguement from a republican making apparently reasonable points about the abolition of the monarchy but nonetheless you profoundly disagree. He ends with a defiant FTQ. 

Does that not give you the chance to avoid his reasoned arguement by saying you don’t need to engage with someone who resorts to meaningless abuse?

I would not engage with a republican as I see them as liars and manipulators for the most part. To draw a corollary between the Pope and his paedos and the Monarchy just does not follow.

55 minutes ago, barca72 said:

I would not engage with a republican as I see them as liars and manipulators for the most part. To draw a corollary between the Pope and his paedos and the Monarchy just does not follow.

Can I ask...? How do you define a republican? I'm not a fan of monarchy tbh, so that does make me liar?

28 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Can I ask...? How do you define a republican? I'm not a fan of monarchy tbh, so that does make me liar?

The answer was in reply to Scott7's post. I took it he meant an Irish republican arguing against the monarchy. In this context a republican/nationalist is distinguished from a loyalist, i.e. loyal to a constitutional monarchy.
Again in this context I think it is fair to say that Adams, McGuinness and their various acolytes have been frequently proven to be liars and manipulators of any given situation to their advantage.
So too have wee Nippy and her band including Dornan, Mason, Aitken, McDonald etc.
If you ally yourself with either group there is your answer.

From the above ...

I know Catholics of my acquaintance who have used the epithet “****** b*******” to describe IRA supporters. Can these Mass-attending Catholics be prosecuted for using a supposed anti-Catholic slur? 

"Fen*** bastard" ain't exactly "anti-Catholic", as ****** does not equate Catholics, does it? Or have they warped that term too to suit their agenda?

Edited by der Berliner

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

From the above ...

"Fen*** bastard" ain't exactly "anti-Catholic", as ****** does not equate Catholics, does it? Or have they warped that term too to suit their agenda?

In that case why are you afraid to use the word? It's feniàn.