[FT] Rangers 3 - 0 Livingston (Candeias 20', Morelos 83', Arfield 88')

We saw after the match at the Mel Tagliatelle stadium that quite a few of their players enjoy nothing more than beating Rangers.  My advice would be to go all out attack - we have better players than them and timidity has done us no favours this season.

I'd like to see us start with Grezda and Middleton again.  

We have a big few weeks ahead and a good start is important.

'Mon The Rangers!

Edited by Gonzo79

9 hours ago, Frankie said:

It will be warm in the boozer and after ten pre-match pints for us podcasters meeting up tomorrow... :D

At that point, I'll definitely be going topless.

9 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Aye! looking forward to it, the weather will be irrelevant ??:drink:

What? Seeing Frankie go topless? :eek2: Rather you than me mate.:D

10 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

December is a massive month for us. I would actually take being in the same position right now  at the end of the month

Just had a look at the table again and its still frustrating the way we dropped points at Aberdeen and Motherwell early in the season, just one of them turned into a win would be so much better. But to put it aside we have to be beating teams like Livingston home and away. We redeemed the Motherwell result nicely last time out by hitting them for 7 so lets do the same again today. 

IMHO, the Livy game at their plastic pitch was one of those freak results you are bound to get over the season and on such surfaces.

The system is pretty simple and makes and technically better or quality side look bad: dig in with two lines of 4 defenders and have your two main attackers chase everything. Help yourself to free kicks and corners and send everyone bar the corner flags int the opponent's area and look for scraps. It works on occasion, not least when the opposition ain't playing to their standard and gets frustrated.

Livingston "work" football and they  will do the same today, dig in and try to frustrate us as long as they can. It might end up in another dire "running against walls" affair, or another rout like we saw against Motherwell. It is games like these where I'd load the midfield and attack, as they will hardly swarm over us ...

McGregor

Goldson - Worrall/McAuley - Flanagan

Jack

Tavernier - Grezda - Arfield - Middleton

Morelos - Lafferty

... with Ejaria and Candeias probably more likely to feature from the off though.