Wes Foderingham wanted by Leeds United

I think he is the scond best goalie we have but not only would it be good business to let him go for a few million it's probably the best thing for Wes. He has given us good service and at this stage in his career he has to be playing rather than sitting on a bench.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think he is the scond best goalie we have but not only would it be good business to let him go for a few million it's probably the best thing for Wes. He has given us good service and at this stage in his career he has to be playing rather than sitting on a bench.

The best for Wes is for Wes and not for Rangers. If a player does not get near the same money then they will gladly sit on their bum even if Rangers wanted rid of them.

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

The price is still £2-£3M, would love him to move on for that type of money that we can invest elsewhere in the team. McCrorie is adequate backup.

I think we would look to bring Alnwick back.

Maybe time for McCrorie to go out on loan to the division below for a while.

43 minutes ago, pete said:

The best for Wes is for Wes and not for Rangers. If a player does not get near the same money then they will gladly sit on their bum even if Rangers wanted rid of them.

I'm presuming Leeds would at a minimum match his current salary. And they're in the promotion race. It's a chance for him to reach the mega riches of the EPL.

1 hour ago, pete said:

That's a very general statement that isn't true in the general manner you are suggesting.  There are many stories of players who have moved on for less money because they wanted to be playing.  Probably more in that situation than those who remained just because of the higher salary at present club.

41 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm presuming Leeds would at a minimum match his current salary. And they're in the promotion race. It's a chance for him to reach the mega riches of the EPL.

Not only are Leeds in the promotion race but both of their goalkeepers are injured - on Saturday past they had to field a youth/young keeper and another on the bench because they have no other experienced options.

One of my colleagues is a big Leeds fan and we were chatting about their predicament on Friday.