Robbie Fowler: Could he do us a turn for 2 years?

If we could structure his wages to have a relatively low basic wage with good appearance & goal bonus then why not? He's clearly not the player he was but his goals to starts ratio in the past couple of seasons is decent and he would have a field day against SPL defences.

Not a chance! He's pish now and overweight. I'd be disappointed if we signed him. He'd just be up here for one last big wage.

So ws Davie Cooper when Greig was Manager, but Wallace and then Souness made him one of our greatest ever!

So ws Davie Cooper when Greig was Manager, but Wallace and then Souness made him one of our greatest ever!

I'm not old enough to remember the details of what you say but I agree with the sentiment. If WS can entice Fowler to Ibrox and give him back his hunger and predator instinct I reckon it would be an SPL winning decision.

It's taking a chance, but, as I've said previously, what other options do we have given our current financial constraints?

Maybe but Davie Cooper wasn't an over the hill,injury prone, not played in many years, loser, which we would be signing.

No way would i want him at Ibrox as a player.

Hasn't done anything since he left Liverpool the first time round and I don't want to see us being the ones supplementing his pension. Rather see us give our youth players a chance than pay over the hill 30 somethings.

Malky

I guess we are all agreed on that then, let's hope Walter and Ally agree.:cheers:

If we could structure his wages to have a relatively low basic wage with good appearance & goal bonus then why not?

Thats what I was going to say, have even a pay as you play deal. He doesnt need the cash as he is worth about 60 million with his property plus he has made a fair whack with horses.

As someone mentioned earlier class is permanent and if he fanices a last challenge then I think he'd easy get 15 goal for us in a season.

He turned 32 last month so really should still have a fair bit of fitness if he gets himself in the gym.

But id take him if the deal was right as he is probably in the top 3 best finishers in EPL history.

I think Fowler would get us goals and we could do far worse than have him in the squad. To compete on all fronts you need depth, and at 32 he's hardly past it. A fresh start in a fresh league could be just what he needs. If he's on a free then we should get him. Stewarty's idea about the structuring of his wages is a good one.