Robbie Fowler: Could he do us a turn for 2 years?

Since his departure from Liverpool is imminent, and he would be a Free should we go for him?

I think he would stick the ball in the onion bag for us (or any team up here) and as long as he could stay away from the Bars and Clubs and keep the head I think he would be a good aquisition.

Any thoughts Chaps and Chapettes......

I've said the same thing for the last 3 or 4 years. WOuld absolutely love to see him come up here for a couple of seasons.

Still just 31 I think an no doubting he would score shit loads.

If he was looking for a "Graveson" type of wage then NO WAY.

He´d be worth 20,000 a year MAYBE, however can´t see him accepting this.

If Boyd is staying which it looks like he is and when Walter plays one up front it will probably be JCD then TBH maybe we could spend the wage/money somewhere else.....in a younger type ....Koovermans or more likely Naismith.

To have both JCD and Fowler on the payroll at their respective ages and with their injury history would be a risk.

He doesnt need the money though. He's been pretty shrewd and made a fortune from the property market and not been in the media at all for his lifestyle for a long long time.

A dream maybe but I'd still love to see him here.

I wouldnt want to see him here. He's too unfit and hasn't been a player since 5+ years ago. If he had been getting regular games till now then maybe.

Don't say yes due to the name.

I think he'd be worth a punt, but only if his wages are reasonable and on a par with the first team average. He's not played much recently, but that's fair enough given where he is. I think class is permanent and at his age he could easily have a few years in the SPL.

I also think that he could be good to have around guys like Sebo, Gow and Boyd. Young strikers learning from McCoist and Fowler? Superb IMO.

There's no way we'd pay over the odds in terms of wages now. As far as I'm aware, once Klos has gone, that's it. There's now a wage structure in place and it won't be broken, especially for someone the wrong side of 30.

I don't think its a make or break signing, but we truly are in a transitional period just now where signing someone like him could bolster our squad and help us through the next couple of seasons. Given our financial situation, there's no way WS will get the squad he wants within the next 2 transfer windows, we're looking more like 2 years or so to rebuild.

I could think of worse players to sign, lets put it that way. Can't see it happening, but I wouldn't be sad to see him signing. Also depends on what's happening with guys like Sebo and Novo.