The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

23 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Delighted with the Kamara signing -- I have been touting it since last season!

He should go straight into the first-team. I wonder where and how we'd play, though?

Probably one of the wide central midfield positions? Does he replace Jack, or do we allow him more license to go forward?

Who would he replace?

38 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't know.

Depends what formation we play. 

If you take the KIlmarnock defeat.

If Kamara brings his qualities to Ibrox and can handle the weight of the shirt, then his bravery and ability on the ball would have been a step-up from what Ryan Jack gave us that night.

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Claimed by, let me guess...a member of the, ever so objective, Scottish press pack?

If we're just plucking figures out of thin air, I'm claiming the fee was £60k.

Well it came from Raman (STV) who I think is pretty favourable to the club. I do still doubt we'd pay that. They seemed as keen for him to go as we did to get him and they are skint.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Delighted with the Kamara signing -- I have been touting it since last season!

He should go straight into the first-team. I wonder where and how we'd play, though?

Probably one of the wide central midfield positions? Does he replace Jack, or do we allow him more license to go forward?

I think he'll be eased in and used as a rotation player. A lot of Dundee fans haven't been impressed with him this season. I think that is probably because he's the kind of player who plays better in a possession based team who aren't getting hammered every week. He certainly has the ability to contribute this season once he has settled in, and Gerrard obviously thinks so too given he's spent money on him when he didn't have to.

32 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Not much known about him but given Chelsea picked him up from Crystal Palace only a year and a half ago he must have something about him. He was described at the time as "the best U15 in the region". Hope the club the keep investing in academy players because I think it's the best strategy to eventually overtake Celtic.

ate of Birth (Age): Jan 15, 2003 (16)

Nationality: EnglandEngland

Position: Forward

Agent: Agent is known - player under 18

Current international: EnglandEngland U16

Caps/Goals: 0/0

Nathan Young-Coombes

Date of Birth: Jan 15, 2003
Nationality: England  England
Position: Forward
Player Agent: Agent is known - Player under 18
Current club: Glasgow Rangers U17 Glasgow Rangers U17
Contract until: 30.06.2021

Kamara: This Is Big For Me

“I think I have the personality to cope, you don’t really hear the crowd when you’re on the pitch. I am quite a chilled out person.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kamara-this-is-big-for-me/

He's Finnish, he's chilled-out, let's call him The Iceman?

On 01/02/2019 at 03:32, DMAA said:

I think he'll be eased in and used as a rotation player. A lot of Dundee fans haven't been impressed with him this season. I think that is probably because he's the kind of player who plays better in a possession based team who aren't getting hammered every week. He certainly has the ability to contribute this season once he has settled in, and Gerrard obviously thinks so too given he's spent money on him when he didn't have to.

I don’t think he has played since before the break. Might need a little work getting up to speed before being thrown in.