The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I specifically wrote: he looks like an English power-house centre forward a la Hateley  ? He obviously is no Hateley and I would assume that Hateley-type English strikers with international experience are hard to come by these days.

Obviously, Eaves hammers them in right now in a league that is not too different from the Premiership (which is our bred  and butter), AND has only 6 months of his contract left. You see the thinking behind that link (whether it is actually true or not). He looks far too similar to Lafferty though and I cannot exactly see us play both (not least when we are not even playing Morelos and Lafferty alongside one another). The media also try to tell us that Solanke is coming our way, but with him it is the same case as with Ejaria et al, you simply don't know what you can expect from loaned youngsters in a totally different, highly competitive environment.

On the same note, should we lose to the Scum on the 29th, I would not be surprised if we will actually see the back of Morelos and a double million figure transfer purse arriving at our doorstep.

Does our resident informer has any news about the numbers targetted or where we look?

Stevie already has posted in this thread the links he has heard about.

57 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Granted but with all due respect, Bayern are not shopping in League 1. It's true we have good crossers of the ball but it's the type of crosses that is our downfall. We insist on putting speculative crosses into the area which are easily lapped up by the goalie or a CB. By all means I want Middleton, Barasic and co to deliver decent balls in but not in the air. I want them to get to the byline and play balls into the danger area on the ground (like Laffertys offside goal on v Dundee).

You need variety or any style of cross will ultimately be easy to defend against.  So if we played 2 up top (Morelos + Eaves) then you keep the opponent guessing as to which type of cross you are going to get.

54 minutes ago, craig said:

You need variety or any style of cross will ultimately be easy to defend against.  So if we played 2 up top (Morelos + Eaves) then you keep the opponent guessing as to which type of cross you are going to get.

Still not conviced by the idea of a big man. We need more ball players not target men

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Still not conviced by the idea of a big man. We need more ball players not target men

We need different options so as to provide possible solutions to different problems that will arise.

5 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Before your time, dB, but on your definition of a 10, the exemplar is Ralph Brand. He had his 82nd birthday the other day so I suppose it would be asking too much to bring him back.

I doubt we could afford Ralph Brand today. He'd be too busy collecting CL medals