[FT] Dundee 1 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 21)

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed Craig but it is alarming that after nearly 30 odd games we are still trying to find a pattern to our play. The tinkering does not help and if you look at the early part of the season we looked more solid as we had a more settled team. Regardless of overall quality it looks like we are making this up as we are going along. It is worrying tbh

Injuries, suspensions, fatigue, confidence are part of football.

A poor run of results accompanying the above happens to everyone, every season.

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

It was always going to be a difficult fixture.

It shouldn't have been a difficult fixture, against a bottom of the league Dundee side. No one other than Hamilton have found them a difficult fixture we should have been running all over the top of them and scoring plenty of goals even when they had 11 men on the park. There's no excuse, and I'm accepting none, for that woeful draw today none whatsoever. 

Edited by Big Jaws

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

The fact we lack a real creative midfielder makes todays result anything but a surprise.

Kent going off at HT was the departure of most of our creative midfield today and it showed.

It was always going to be a difficult fixture.

Dundee going down to ten probably made it more difficult.

Unless Kent was injured, that substitution was wrong in so many ways - he was the only real creative spark we had in the first half and, with them down to 10 I would have preferred to see him continue as he could have been the key to unlock them.

In fact, I thought Gerrard got all his substitutions wrong today - Middleton for Kent made little sense for me - Middleton, yes, but for Kent, no.  Either Jack or Rossiter - didn't need two 6's when Dundee were down to 10.  Given we had Middleton on we didn't need to bring Barisic on as well, because Barisic relies on overlapping to create his space for whipped in crosses - with Middleton in front of him that was never going to happen - was more likely they would get in each other's road.  I guess with Ejaria he had no other "attacking" options which shows how shallow the depth is in an attacking sense.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Unless Kent was injured, that substitution was wrong in so many ways - he was the only real creative spark we had in the first half and, with them down to 10 I would have preferred to see him continue as he could have been the key to unlock them.

Do you even read these forums? The manager says in his post match that Kent had an issue so took him off as a precaution. Anyway I'm gonna take myself off of here I'm off out for the night. https://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/ipboard/topic/38501-ft-dundee-1-1-rangers-halliday-21/?do=findComment&comment=720806

3 minutes ago, craig said:

I guess with Ejaria he had no other "attacking" options

Obviously not any options this guy should be sent home asap,along with Worrall.

Purile is the only word I have for today,nobody deserves any pass marks,even Greegs made a bloomer.

4 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

It shouldn't have been a difficult fixture, against a bottom of the league Dundee side. No one other than Hamilton have found them a difficult fixture we should have been running all over the top of them and scoring plenty of goals even when they had 11 men on the park. There's no excuse, and I'm accepting none, for that woeful draw today none whatsoever. 

Hamilton being a few days ago and a 4-0 win tends to give a side some confidence and belief.

I thought today would end up a draw but didn't think we'd play as poorly.

The Goldson mistake, the Lafferty 'offside', Kent going off injured and Dundee going down to 10 and sitting-in all contributed.

25 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Do you even read these forums? The manager says in his post match that Kent had an issue so took him off as a precaution. Anyway I'm gonna take myself off of here I'm off out for the night. https://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/ipboard/topic/38501-ft-dundee-1-1-rangers-halliday-21/?do=findComment&comment=720806

I'd suggest its a really good idea for you to take yourself away from the forum for the evening.  "Do I even read these forums" is such a childish response it is barely worth acknowledging.  Considering that Ian's post to Gerrard's post match interview was posted just 26 minutes previous and I personally always wait for Ian to put the youtube version up before listening (which have only just gone up AFTER I posted what I did).

Not only that but your red mist clearly missed the part where I said "unless injured".  Maybe I should be as condescending as you and ask "Can you read?"

That said, me even feeling the need to respond to you is silly, because your post just oozed ignorance.

You should take your anger out on someone else rather than making yourself look foolish and childish.