Boro in for Scott Brown

The local gossip is that Brown would have signed for us on deadline day if Hibs hadn't beaten St Johnstone. He is definitely a bear, but has made no secret of the fact that he does want to play in the Premiership one day.

He is young, so maybe that will persuade him to come to us for a few years and then have a go down south.

As for the fee, I know Hibs are supposedly very unhappy with Celtic over the Riordan deal, so that's in our favour. What's not in our favour is that 4M to any club in the Premiership is nothing. We just can't compete with that now which is pretty depressing.

hibs offered riordan on a plate to celtic so we wouldnt get him.

But did they then not screw Hibs over on the deal in terms of the number of games played thing? That was mentioned as the reason why the Celtic bid for Thomson was turned down but ours was accepted.

But did they then not screw Hibs over on the deal in terms of the number of games played thing? That was mentioned as the reason why the Celtic bid for Thomson was turned down but ours was accepted.

could be true as well. as thompson not going to septic, if the player doesnt want to go he doesnt have to go. if we want brown we will have to pay him 25,000 a week as that is what he will get in the premiership. I reckon we will get him.

:D

Even the story changes half through with it being a done deal in the first paragraph then the author(s) giving themselves a get out clause hy saying there was a mystery.

Fact is, if the fee bandied about is now around £5million I'm glad we're not paying it.

The signs are not looking good on Brown coming to us, but whatever happens I hope to fook he doesn't go to THEM.

For �£5M they can have him. Not worth that IMO and a whack of money wasted.