EBTs worse than child rape: Alex Thomson (Channel 4)

16 minutes ago, pete said:

I can't believe after that tweet this guy can hold his job.

Who is going to challenge him? just like the rest of the gutter press they are free to say/do what they want! sometimes they half heartedly apologise.

There was a photograph doing the rounds three/four years past, it was taken at Sartis restaurant on Bath street, Glasgow. There are three of them seated at the table, all holding open menus. The three were Phil McFournames, Angela Haggerty, and Alex Thomson. 

Thomson penned the foreword for McFournames book on Rangers, 'Downfall'. Haggerty edited the book, an endless procession of poorly written essays. I believe it was Stuart Cosgrove who as a then senior Channel 4 exec' who brought Thomson to the table. Further, Spiers has been a constant supporter of Thomson's approach and comments.

Thomson should be asked to extrapolate on child rape being considered less of a moral scandal than tax evasion?

I just looked at his wiki page. I'm guessing what i'm about to quote is newly added and may be removed.

In addition to his broadcast journalism, he has written books on India and the Gulf War.

alex Thompson will be sacked from channel 4 in the morning

AT's tweet and it's 'style' is that of a fan rather than a journalist.

That in itself tells a story and is as close as I've seen, to him letting slip an important part of the underlying motives behind his 'determined & rolling coverage' of events surrounding Rangers.