[FT] St Johnstone 1 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 65, 88)

far better team side playing a 4 4 2.  hope gerrard takes note.

had enough of coulibaly and gredza.  imposters.    

on a plus note the substitutions where made far quicker today and it gave us a fighting chance.

That was a strange game.  It felt like we had 22 players on a 5-a-side pitch because there appeared to be no room at all for any football.  Wallace must have wondered if he's become a bad luck charm now that his last two substitutions have been followed by a goal for the opposition within a minute or two.  It was also strange because when Lafferty came on I felt he didn't really do much, but his disruption was enough to take their focus from Morelos.  And talking of that wee guy, what a goal his second was.  His timing to get in front of the defender was absolutely perfect and a sublime finish.  His value increases with every goal.  I predicted a hat trick for him, but I'll take the two.

You may not agree that it was a strange game, but I'm sure we're all united in our delight/relief that we won the game.  We can all go and enjoy Christmas, and hope that Santa brings the 3 points we asked for next weekend, and then maybe a striker and midfielder in the January window.

??

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Feels good to come out of that with 3 points but it's fairly clear that our team won't be winning the league this season.

We're 1 point off the top sitting in second place. If we can beat Hibs on Wednesday going into the game 1 point behind on the 29th we'll see how they deal with that challenge. We've not been this close to the top of the league for a long time going into this match. I don't think you can count the 2-3 game last year as any type of comparison as that team IMO were not title challengers. We've not been without our faults but we're a new team in the making and the experience of a tight challenge will be good for us this year. Celtic are the current champions and I think we will beat them provided we're up for it. As for title challenge anything can happen between now and the end of the season.

Just now, Big Jaws said:

We're 1 point off the top sitting in second place. If we can beat Hibs on Wednesday going into the game 1 point behind on the 29th we'll see how they deal with that challenge. We've not been this close to the top of the league for a long time going into this match. I don't think you can count the 2-3 game last year as any type of comparison as that team IMO were not title challengers. We've not been without our faults but we're a new team in the making and the experience of a tight challenge will be good for us this year. Celtic are the current champions and I think we will beat them provided we're up for it. As for title challenge anything can happen between now and the end of the season.

Six points this coming week and I'll have the conversation  :thup:

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

I read on FF that Morelos got booked for his goal celebration?????, missed that, he never left the field that I saw? where as their player did & celebrated in front of the Rangers fans!!

He's sullen because he knows he can be booked for smiling.

Just now, buster. said:

Six points this coming week and I'll have the conversation  :thup:

I'm confident we'll beat Hibs on Wednesday. I think we'll be 1 point behind going into the Old Firm game. Celtic will be tough to beat but will be without a couple of key players in Lustig and Rogic and I think they'll play the same as they did when they went down to 10 men in the 2-3 game with a low block. Provided we don't try the long ball and deep crosses into the box I think we'll beat them but beating them doesn't win us the league the league isn't won there and theres a lot of football to be played in the 3-4 months of next year.