Cowdenbeath v Rangers

14 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Defoe and Davis and coming in has even got me excited about a 3-5-2 so I hope we see it ? Against Cowdenbeath I think we'd be fine with Kent or Middleton on the left.

I'd prefer we went with Barisic (no idea if fit or not) and gave the formation/players a chance to get some competitive minutes.

IMO Tav and Barisic are by far the best full back partnership in the league to play this way.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'd prefer we went with Barisic (no idea if fit or not) and gave the formation/players a chance to get some competitive minutes.

IMO Tav and Barisic are by far the best full back partnership in the league to play this way.

No doubt about it. Both are stronger attacking than defending and have the potential to provide a steady flow of assists. I think the key to the wing backs getting space in a 3-5-2 is having as much creativity and threat as possible from the 3 centre mids. If you play centre mids who prefer to keep things simple it doesn't work. This would support playing Kent in front of maybe Davis and Jack because he loves a free role and would be a threat running into the channels and distracting full backs.

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

Don't be daft we do not have one player good enough for the Celtic team.:D

Just now, pete said:

Don't be daft we do not have one player good enough for the Celtic team.:D

Before the Old Firm game on Sportsound Michael Stewart conceded McGregor and Tav would make the select. We should be grateful for that.

12 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Before the Old Firm game on Sportsound Michael Stewart conceded McGregor and Tav would make the select. We should be grateful for that.

Did they review their respective XI's AFTER the game ?

18 minutes ago, buster. said:

Did they review their respective XI's AFTER the game ?

To be fair our players have won nothing and the gauntlet has been thrown down for them to justify the status of being better than Celtic's players by consistently performing over the next few months, including the away old firm game where you don't have the 12th man. Hopefully their end of season select will be very different.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

To be fair our players have won nothing and the gauntlet has been thrown down for them to justify the status of being better than Celtic's players by consistently performing over the next few months, including the away old firm game where you don't have the 12th man. Hopefully their end of season select will be very different.

Really, who cares?

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Really, who cares?

You're reading into that comment too much. If they outperform Celtic's players over the next few months they will earn the status of being better than them, which would be reflected in a select team.

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

You're reading into that comment too much. If they outperform Celtic's players over the next few months they will earn the status of being better than them, which would be reflected in a select team.

But really ... who cares about a select team chosen by Rangers haters? Will Rangers win more trophies if a meaningless elect team is packed with our players. Again, who cares?