[FT] Cowdenbeath 1 - 3 Rangers (Halliday 12; Coulibaly 26; Lafferty 45+1)

22 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

No he never started against Livi, did Barasic start tonight? he has to get match time as all players do, and right now Halliday is on form therefore our best LB, he is playing better than Barasic so deserves to be 1st choice RB. Barasic has yet to establish himself in the team, Halliday has, not rocket science :thup:

You miss my point.  Halliday started tonight, Barasic on Sunday - it hardly indicates that "Halliday has the position".  

We'll agree to disagree - Barasic is a better player than Halliday, I have no doubt about it.  Halliday has done very well since coming in and working under SG - but you still won't convince me he is our "first choice LB".

22 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Barasic is yet to prove he can handle playing for Rangers, so far he hasn't.

Away man.  Using his injuries since signing to suggest he can't handle playing for us

15 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Halliday has been one of our best players this season, when some fans dislike a player nothing that players does will ever change their mind.

It isn't a dislike of the player though.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

Away man.  Using his injuries since signing to suggest he can't handle playing for us

I'm not using his injuries to suggest he can't handle playing for Rangers, I'm not even suggesting he can't, I'm saying he hasn't established himself in the team for whatever reason. I think right now Halliday is a better LB than Barasic because he has been consistent.

Just because I rate a player that you don't doesn't make your right Craig, this is a never ending argument which I find boring tbh. I am merely saying Halliday has been very consistent at LB and Barasic hasn't, so for me Halliday is 1st choice LB. The beauty of football is the difference in opinions on players.

8 minutes ago, craig said:

It isn't a dislike of the player though.

Has to be! Halliday has been playing very well at LB and deserves massive credit for that, so why else would he be disliked when playing well consistently?

13 minutes ago, craig said:

I think Ian was alluding to the manager suggesting Barasic was a little “fragile” therefore may not have the mental or physical fortitude for Rangers. On the other hand Andy Halliday has proved himself ten times over.

I can’t believe the improvement in Halliday and it’s got to be a close call between the two of them? I would give the jersey to Halliday.

Edited by cooponthewing

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

I think Ian was alluding tobthe manager suggesting Barasuc was a little “fragile” therefore may not have the mental or physical fortitude for Rangers. On the other hand Andy Halliday has proved himself ten times over.

I can’t bek the improvement in Halliday and it’s got to be a close call between the two of them? I would give the jersey to Halliday.

Thankfully none of us fans pick the Rangers team:roflmao:

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I'm not using his injuries to suggest he can't handle playing for Rangers, I'm not even suggesting he can't, I'm saying he hasn't established himself in the team for whatever reason. I think right now Halliday is a better LB than Barasic because he has been consistent.

Just because I rate a player that you don't doesn't make your right Craig, this is a never ending argument which I find boring tbh. I am merely saying Halliday has been very consistent at LB and Barasic hasn't, so for me Halliday is 1st choice LB. The beauty of football is the difference in opinions on players.

Ian how can you say Halliday has been consistent? Before the Celtic game people were slaging him off as not good enough. He had a cracking game against Celtic and reasonable game tonight against a lower league team. Barisic has looked different class when he has played