[FT] Cowdenbeath 1 - 3 Rangers (Halliday 12; Coulibaly 26; Lafferty 45+1)

12 hours ago, ian1964 said:

No idea why people are getting their knickers in a twist over Halliday/ Barasic? we all have different views/opinions on players, as it has always been and should always be!.

We won tonight, now move on to Saturday.

You are getting your knickers in a twist over it, so maybe you can explain to us ? :ninja:

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Wish I hadn't mentioned Halliday playing well this season.

No doubt he has played well.  And he is the perfect example of how a manager can get the best out of players.  He looked completely inept under Caixinha (when given a chance) which, with every passing game, suggests that the issue was with the manager and not the player.  I also think that he has now found his position in this team.  I don't think he is quite quick enough and his distribution a tad too slow to be playing in midfield.  He seems to me to be one of those players who plays best with the whole pitch in front of him.

One thing for sure is that he is further up the pecking order than Flanagan for that LB position - whether 1st or 2nd choice.  He's been a revelation this season, when playing at LB and he had a great deal to do with our win against Celtic because he deliberately, IMO, slowed down at the start of the game before that crunching tackle on Ntcham - he WANTED a 50:50 so he could set down a marker for not only himself but his team-mates.

That's the way Rangers players should always go in for a tackle.  Some of the praise lavished upon Halliday, Coulibaly and Worrall for winning 50/50 tackles shows you how far we've fallen.

Barisic should be our left back.  He's a footballer, whereas Halliday resembles a kid in a playground.

We have two good players in Halliday and Barisic but the best we can do is use one to condemn the other, in the full knowledge that the decision about which one plays will have absolutely zero to do with any of us. Disappointing and unhelpful.

Edited by Bill

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

That's the way Rangers players should always go in for a tackle.  Some of the praise lavished upon Halliday, Coulibaly and Worrall for winning 50/50 tackles shows you how far we've fallen.

Barisic should be our left back.  He's a footballer, whereas Halliday resembles a kid in a playground.

That is patently untrue.

20 hours ago, pete said:

Ian how can you say Halliday has been consistent? Before the Celtic game people were slaging him off as not good enough. He had a cracking game against Celtic and reasonable game tonight against a lower league team. Barisic has looked different class when he has played

I repeat before the celtc game people we screaming for haliday to play. 

For months on end.