[FT] Cowdenbeath 1 - 3 Rangers (Halliday 12; Coulibaly 26; Lafferty 45+1)

• Frankie changed the title to Cowdenbeath v Rangers: Try, try again

With both teams contributing to an incubator system to protect the pitch, hopefully this game will now go ahead on Wednesday.

McCrorie remains suspended so we'll see at least one change in the team from yesterday.  I'd imagine the defence will stay the same as the Livi win and it will be interesting to see if the system does as well or if the manager goes back to the diamond given the opposition. 

Would be tempted to trial the 3-5-2 but on balance it's probably better to rest some of the lynchpins of such a formation.

Would give the same central defence another run-out, no point in rushing Goldson back.

McGregor, Tav, Candeias, Arfield, Morelos have a lot of minutes on the clock, opportunity for a night off.

Would be interested to see Lafferty and Defoe play together.

Foderingham

Flanagan - Worrall -  Katic - Halliday

Davis - Coulibaly - Kent - Middleton

Defoe - Lafferty

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Would be tempted to trial the 3-5-2 but on balance it's probably better to rest some of the lynchpins of such a formation.

Would give the same central defence another run-out, no point in rushing Goldson back.

McGregor, Tav, Candeias, Arfield, Morelos have a lot of minutes on the clock, opportunity for a night off.

Would be interested to see Lafferty and Defoe play together.

Foderingham

Davis - Coulibaly - Kent - Middleton

Defoe - Lafferty

I'd chose a similar line-up, which should be dynamic ... on sheet

Foderingham

-

-

Kent - Davis - Coulibaly - Middleton

-

Defoe - Lafferty

... and during attack a 3-5-2:

Foderingham

-

Flanagan - Worrall - Katic

-

Coulibaly - Halliday

-

Kent - Davis - Middleton

-

Defoe - Lafferty

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I'd like to see a strong side play the 4-4-2 diamond. 

We can make some changes for the St MIrren game at home, then back to strongest line-up for Dolly. 

i am not a fan of the 4-4-2 diamond as against Kilmarnock we were hitting our heads off the strongest part of their team with 3 midfielders. i prefer to have the wings filled in.

2 hours ago, pete said:

i am not a fan of the 4-4-2 diamond as against Kilmarnock we were hitting our heads off the strongest part of their team with 3 midfielders. i prefer to have the wings filled in.

We didn't execute it properly. Logically it outnumbers their midfield, and also helps nullify their counter. It also gave us decent presence up front, which caused them problems. Like I said, it was poorly executed, so it didn't look good, but it's a good option to have.  

The game against Cowdenbeath is a good opportunity to gain experience with it.