[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Defoe 12)

40 minutes ago, Gribz said:

I was just looking at the fixtures. They have St Mirren, Hamilton and St Johnstone all at home within 7 days. Youd expect they will get 9 pts therefore we have to take max pts from Kilmarnock and Livingston. It could be a defining week.

Their upcoming schedule is just one more factor in how important this Killie match is. It's a nail biter. 

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Their upcoming schedule is just one more factor in how important this Killie match is. It's a nail biter. 

I think we need at least 10 of the next 12 points available.

To do that, we'll need to show improvement on the first half of the league season.

AWAY: Killie, Livingston, Aberdeen 

HOME: St.Mirren

Difficult restart but the players have to see it as an opportunity.

Edited by buster.

As others have pointed out in the next 4 games we have Kilmarnock, Livingston and Aberdeen away whilst Celtic are hosting most of the bottom 6 at home. There’s a real risk of a gap opening up unless we perform the way a serious Rangers title challenging team should.

As always, an excellent journey down memory lane, 26th!

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/match-analysis/990-killie-v-rangers-with-my-big-kilmarnock-bunnet

Because of Killie's midfield, it wouldn't surprise me to see McCrorie retained in the team tonight.  Concede the midfield to Killie and you can concede the points.

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

Difficult restart but the players have to see it as an opportunity.

Yeh the flip side is that it’s an opportunity to get psychologically ahead of Celtic because we’ve already got 3 really difficult games out of the way and got full points whilst they still have those grounds to go to. That’s the goal. 

• Frankie changed the title to Killie v Rangers: "With my Kilmarnock bunnet..."

Just a quick note that the video above from the mentioned Hogmanay party was performed in 26th's South Lanarkshire drawing room.  26th is usually on the box himself at these do's but our favourite history teller was still in the huff after the newly built M74 took a few acres off his land a few years before in 1966.

31 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Because of Killie's midfield, it wouldn't surprise me to see McCrorie retained in the team tonight.  Concede the midfield to Killie and you can concede the points.

There is an old school quality that a fit McCrorie brings to the team and if he is given the chance of a prolonged run in the team, I think we'll see one of the best Scottish midfielders to emerge for some time. 

I've often said he'll be a Rangers captain one day but for SG to come out and say that tends to suggest how highly he is thought of where it matters.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

There is an old school quality that a fit McCrorie brings to the team

Oh yes. I thought that within minutes of his debut as a sub at Firrhill when he hoofed the ball up into the stand. Sometimes that’s what needs to happen.