McCulloch would be a good squad signing i suppose - his versatility will come in handy .

But how many "squad players" have we been signing.

The bottom line is- with a thin squad this season we've been shite. Our starting eleven lacks quality.

So how does signing more and more distinctly average squad players improve our team?

And before anyone says "it creates competition". Signing BETTER players motivates the lesser players to reach that level.

McCulloch would be a good squad signing i suppose - his versatility will come in handy .

The bottom line is- with a thin squad this season we've been shite. Our starting eleven lacks quality.

So how does signing more and more distinctly average squad players improve our team?

And before anyone says "it creates competition". Signing BETTER players motivates the lesser players to reach that level.

Rino, it may have escaped your attention but SDM is still Rangers Chairman, we are still in debt, we are still posting losses, he is still raping our club. Do you really expect HIM to give WS a decent transfer budget?

Cammy F

bang on mate. I have yet to see anything from mcculloch to suggest he will bring quality to our club. fowler? this had better be a joke. i renewed my season book on line last week but if that deal goes through im canceling it pronto.

bang on mate. I have yet to see anything from mcculloch to suggest he will bring quality to our club. fowler? this had better be a joke. i renewed my season book on line last week but if that deal goes through im canceling it pronto.

Serious question - what made you believe that this close-season would be any different from the last 5-6 close-season that have seen the departure of our best players, only to be replaced by cheaper and less talented replacements?

Cammy F

I hope the McCulloch deal gets tied up ASAP. I like him as a player. He is a strong left sided player and can easy play upfront aswell.

If we get him we have him and Adam on the left and gives us cover for a position we have struggled for years.

He wasnt out of place in the EPL so should take the SPL by storm and I think will easy get 10+ goals in a season.

Id prefer McCulloch ahead of Scott Brown.

I would say that Craptic needed a player like Brown more than we did - Lennon is leaving and Graveson has been a major let down and the rumours are he'll be let go in the summer (bought out of his contract). That leaves them very short in the middle. By comparison, we are very strong in that area - Ferguson, Thompson and Hendami - all very decent players.

IMO that is why they have out-bid us on Brown, they have more money and a greater urgency to strengthen in that area. I can see them being interested in Naismyth, he is a very promising player, but I think if he stays in Scotland, he'll come to Rangers.

McCulloch has stated publically that he wants a move back to Scotland for 'family reasons' and given his family, its safe to say that if he signed for Craptic, he'd need to move away from Scotland for 'family reasons' :devil:

Cammy F

Very true... !

I hope the McCulloch deal gets tied up ASAP. I like him as a player. He is a strong left sided player and can easy play upfront aswell.

If we get him we have him and Adam on the left and gives us cover for a position we have struggled for years.

He wasnt out of place in the EPL so should take the SPL by storm and I think will easy get 10+ goals in a season.

TBH Brown is a very good player. I would take him before McCulloch but we cannot be that picky apparently.

But as said, McCulloch should be a Ger soon.

TBH Brown is a very good player. I would take him before McCulloch but we cannot be that picky apparently.

But as said, McCulloch should be a Ger soon.

They way I was looking at it mate was Id rather take McCulloch and a few million spare for others than Brown.

:)

ascender, we're not in a dire financial position anymore. we're running with a very manageable debt. we can't go back to silly spending but as calscot's kept saying most companies are willing to spend a little to get a return if necessary.

the thing is that murray just doesn't want to. he's looking to sell and every penny counts.

:confused:

McCulloch would do a job for us, but nothing more. He's an average player. Brown could go on to become a big star but �£4.4 million and �£25,000 a week is out of our price range. Think its probably over the odds.

Please god, no Robbie Fowler :mad: