Is Scottish Football Corrupt?

I think it’s going a bit far to conflate too many issues at different levels of society. 

Sticking to football there is no doubt that we were never liked by ‘fellow’ fans and then 2011/12 compounded the dislike into hatred. We’ve all personally seen and felt the increase in hatred in pubs and other places.  No-one is interested in helping Rangers and we need to get used to that fact and there is absolutely a ‘pay back’ taking place because lots of folk wanted us dead and it didn’t happen. The BBC are deep in that mindset and it dictates their football output. 

Noone seems to care if Killie, Aberdeen or Hibs get bad decisions and frankly it doesn’t make much difference as they will never seriously challenge Celtic so they hardly care themselves (and of course Celtic lend them players to shut them up) and whilst Celtic are not universally popular they have grasped the bull by the horns over the last few years and taken control. The CO is the most obvious example of that. 

It is not right that the SFA and the SPFL who exist to administer our game fairly are not capable of doing so. It would be better to focus on their capability (whether caused by corruption or bias or just professional incompetence) than to guess at the motivation for their inadequacy and link it to Scottish society and politics more generally. I mean Gordon Smith was CEO of the SFA - the guy is thick. The evidence of incompetence from these organisations is everywhere and there is perhaps more to the 6k fine than we realise. The message there is ‘shut up’. The media are tied up in Dermots web, the BBC are plane biased and corrupting our game so none of them will help us, and the officials are incompetent (evidentially true) or biased as is evidentially true in the case of the CO and surrounding ‘process’. Let’s not forget we did not cover ourselves in glory in the Murray and Whyte years but we were penalised and have served our sentence and should now be treated fairly. 

So why why would we just ‘shut up’? If we think we are going to be offered baubles on committees etc then we are playing a losing game. We should call it out a lot more and if it’s 60k in fines then it has to be done.

Our club will not get truly back on our feet until we start winning trophies and there is an off field battle taking place to stop that happening. The evidence of incompetence and unequal treatment is there (and it’s perhaps best to call it incompetence because absolutely no one can argue with that). But the club must be prepared to take a far bigger hit than 6k in calling it out and we should do it on a media scale guaranteed to raise eyebrows outside this country. 

Edited by Walterbear

28 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

. But the club must be prepared to take a far bigger hit than 6k in calling it out and we should do it on a media scale guaranteed to raise eyebrows outside this country

Could agree more with this. We should  highlight and shine a light on what’s happening, so the world can see what’s going on. 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

I'm not sure how the club ca do that! I mean any time Rangers release a statement it is laughed at by the Scottish gutter press! and the corrupt SFA just charge & fine the club!.

I have said it before, until other clubs stand with Rangers things will remain the same!.

I understand why you say this but I think the reality is that no one else is going to place a comforting arm around he Rangers shoulder. The apparent disinterest is an inherent and vital part of the disease. So if you accept that (and evidence tends to support it) then either the club plays a very high risk game or football is dead and Rangers with it.

1 hour ago, Walterbear said:

So why why would we just ‘shut up’? If we think we are going to be offered baubles on committees etc then we are playing a losing game. We should call it out a lot more and if it’s 60k in fines then it has to be done.

Absolutely right.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I'm not sure how the club ca do that! I mean any time Rangers release a statement it is laughed at by the Scottish gutter press! and the corrupt SFA just charge & fine the club!.

I have said it before, until other clubs stand with Rangers things will remain the same!.

They should get somebody familiar with the English language to write the statements.

Club 72 have done some decent ones recently.

2 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

They should get somebody familiar with the English language to write the statements.

Club 72 have done some decent ones recently.

This can focus on performance or results. I know which I prefer and it doesn't involve commas.

Father Keevins on SSB tonight says the pitch invasion yesterday was just fans being over exited? Reports of the unwashed running on the pitch having selfies taken during the game were met with similar indifference. Apparently pitch invasions are nothing to be concerned about now. Sickening didn’t cover it?

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Father Keevins on SSB tonight says the pitch invasion yesterday was just fans being over exited? Reports of the unwashed running on the pitch having selfies taken during the game were met with similar indifference. Apparently pitch invasions are nothing to be concerned about now. Sickening didn’t cover it?

4 hours ago, Bill said:

I already have, except for Rangers. I never watch Scottish football, except Rangers, and that includes the national team, which I long ago abandoned as a sick joke. Football in Scotland is a sad farce and relentlessly corrupt - and perhaps the worst of it is almost no one cares.

Completely the same Bill.  I couldn't name you Celtic's starting XI, and with many other SPFL teams I would struggle to name half.  I would only come close because I watch them when they play us.

I turned my back on the Scottish national team when we were demoted.  Call it childish but it felt like a knife in the back when the other clubs did what they did, and the national authority stood by idly letting it happen.  I will NEVER forgive them.