Brendan Rodgers leaves Celtic

Just now, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Early defeat for them & it’s game on again in my humble opinion

Source of this last night was 100%, Gersnet first with the news again ??

As Buster says, 2 defeats this week & it's game on

A Lennon appointment would point toward a cash rich club hanging-on to a biscuit tin mentality whilst pressing the same old buttons.

The negative would be Lennon back into the frontline of Scottish football and all that this brings with it.

The positive is that it would seem that they are happy enough to try and just about stay ahead of us, rather than spend some real money from that brimming bank account and make the gap wider. 

IMO, this and the messages it sends, significantly improves our chances of stopping 10IAR.

Edited by buster.

12 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

After Hibs got rid of Lennon, I'd hoped that was the last we would have to endure his particular brand of bigoted poison. :(

Within the confines of Scottish Fitbaw Hackland, he is a one man lobby group awarded untouchable status.

If Celtic were thinking about their position within the sectarian debate, the appointment could be viewed as an excellent move.

Can you imagine if they imploded and we managed to win the title........

Rodgers would be viewed as THE naughtiest of bhoys by the Groin Brigarde, rather than the Messiah......and Lawwell would probably be forced out.

As much as I'm not surprised that he is leaving Celtic, I'm pretty shocked by the timing. Rodgers always paints himself as a man of loyalty etc. and to walk at this time of the season could damage his reputation amongst the East End hordes. He was regarded as Saint Brendan with them and if the timing has an adverse effect on their season/treble treble/10 in a row, I genuinely think they would never forgive him. Saying that, from the chat that I've heard this morning, their ire seems to be directed more at Liewell than Rodgers.

Now their talking about Lenny as an interim manager with Broonie as his assistant xD