Club statement today

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

To be fair, it has everything to do with politics. Without politics there would be no offensive songs and probably no contrived offendedness either. 

I think you're missing the point or some other obtuse response of that nature.

Born Under A Union Jack was particularly heart-warming today. 

Let's be clear and, if possible, honest as well.

The issue isn't a collective dislike of Celtic, Irish republicanism, Scottish nationalism, catholicism, plastic paddyism or anything else that Rangers fans choose to dislike. It's only about how that dislike (or any other like or dislike) is expressed. Nothing else. I certainly won't be changing my allegiances or dislikes. But I won't be deliberately scoring own goals for the opposition either.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think you're missing the point or some other obtuse response of that nature.

Born Under A Union Jack was particularly heart-warming today. 

I should hope so. It certainly warms my heart to have been born under a union jack.

A very reasonable post.  I have no issues with anything you say, other than that particular word has minimal religious links, as far as I'm concerned (it refers to an ideology, which I find objectionable - a united Ireland).  But I take your points on board.  

For the record, I have never referred to Clark as one.  And I was accused, in court, of calling someone one when I did no such thing.  So it's an issue I take a keen interest in.

Edited by Gonzo79

It’s not just about certain words anyway. Recently I have heard sick chants about Tommy Burns, and Scott Brown’s sister, both of whom died of cancer. Beyond belief, especially considering some or all of those doing these chants must have lost family members to the same disease. But it’s all about trying to shock. And in this day and age, with cameras & recording devices literally everywhere & the media taking a perverse interest in this sort of behaviour (which happens at every club) then its probably time for it to stop.

16 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

When this topic is raised I'm always amazed that the issue of new fans is not addressed. Some tend to dwell on the negatives and how stopping these songs will somehow lose our core fan base. What about the opposite? What about young kids who are not being promoted through traditional family allegiances? What about fans who want to return and are tired of the FTP nonsense?

With the advent of a global EPL on our doorsteps and the daily exposure to elite European football, it's hard enough to attract new fans. This stuff just makes it harder IMO.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/446887/top-clubs-uk-highest-attendance-201819-season-tottenham-leeds-derby-sunderland-aston-villa-nottingham-forest-newcastle-liverpool-arsenal-celtic-rangers/

We're really suffering, eh?

You can see the results below…

20. Derby County – 28,114 vs Birmingham City (November 3, 2018)

19. Nottingham Forest – 29,427 vs Norwich City (October 20, 2018)

18. Brighton and Hove Albion – 30,592 vs Fulham (September 1, 2018)

17. Southampton – 30,784 vs Burnley (August 12, 2018)

16. Leicester City – 32,184 vs Burnley (November 10, 2018)

16. Sunderland – 32,193 vs Oxford (September 1, 2018)

14. Cardiff City – 32,321 vs Manchester City (September 22, 2018)

13. Leeds United – 35,417 vs Middlesbrough (August 31, 2018)

12. Everton – 39,161 vs West Ham (September 16, 2018)

11. Chelsea – 40,499 vs Cardiff (September 15, 2018)

10. Aston Villa – 41,326 vs Swansea City (October 20, 2018)

9. Rangers – 50,130 vs Dundee (September 15, 2018)

Ibrox has been packed with people wanting to see Steven Gerrard’s side in action

Ibrox has been packed with people wanting to see Steven Gerrard’s side in action

8. Newcastle United – 51,749 vs Tottenham (August 11, 2018)

7. Liverpool – 53,457 vs Southampton (September 22, 2018)

6. Manchester City – 54,316 vs Manchester United (November 11, 2018)

5. West Ham – 56,9947 vs Wolves (September 1, 2018)

4. Celtic – 59,143 vs Aberdeen (September 29, 2018)

3. Arsenal – 60,030 vs Wolves (November 11, 2018)

2. Manchester United – 74,525 vs Everton (October 28, 2018)

1. Tottenham Hotspur – 80,188 vs Liverpool (September 15, 2018)