The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

17 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Should have thought it was obvious. An option to buy is always dependent on a decision to sell.

No it's not. For example, in share dealing if you enter into a contract to grant someone a call option, you have no right to stop them buying before a nominated date, so long as the original contractual conditions are met. Any contract can be set up to achieve the same outcome. I've no idea if this applies in the case of McCrorie but there's no doubt it could in theory.

Edited by Bill

Correct, Bill but in your example the vendor has already made the selling decision and fixed the price . No evidence of such with McCrorie. 

Gives Portsmouth an incentive to give the player the best chance to do well. Or maybe not just too well.

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Correct, Bill but in your example the vendor has already made the selling decision and fixed the price . No evidence of such with McCrorie. 

Gives Portsmouth an incentive to give the player the best chance to do well. Or maybe not just too well.

It’s not a selling decision, it’s a decision to pre-authorise the buyer. ? It’s putting the possibility of a sale entirely in the hands of the acquirer. You might say the seller has already made the decision to sell should the buyer decide to buy - but you might equally say the buyer has already made the decision not to sell should the buyer decide not to buy. Anyway, I’ve got nothing to say on any McCrorie deal since I have no information about it. 

9 hours ago, compo said:

If he has to go then it should be £30 million and not a penny less you might think i am mad but I see some others moving clubs for more look at the full back from palace to United seen him in the under 21s and he was crap yet he changed hands for a fortune .

After all he can and will score goals that's what every team wants .

Only for players moving between English clubs. No English club will pay£30 m for a Scottish League player. The best we can do is to ensure we get a lucrative sell-on fee like the Keltic did with Van Dyck and others. As long as our teams keep getting turfed out of Europe before Christmas then that disdain for our domestic football will remain.

5 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Can honestly say that's the first I've heard of this guy. Scored 15 goals in the Championship. McBurnie scored more in same league.

First time? Where have you been? Saying that, I take it you don't follow the Championship?

He was immense for Leeds last season; by far their best player IMO. They suffered when he was out. 

I think he's out of our reach, however.

6 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Can honestly say that's the first I've heard of this guy. Scored 15 goals in the Championship. McBurnie scored more in same league.

Thought he was more a attacking wide player (in the Salah role) than an out and out striker. Maybe SG wants to mimic the mobility of Liverpool's front 3

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Thought he was more a attacking wide player (in the Salah role) than an out and out striker. Maybe SG wants to mimic the mobility of Liverpool's front 3

I think it's the way he plays in the Leeds side; it's how Bielsa plays. Bielsa's 'strikers' are not static.  

It does look like SG is trying to adopt that fluid front three approach. I'm happy. :D