[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Celtic (Tavernier 3, Arfield 63)

Quick observation

Oliver Burke has changed hands for something in the region of 25M pounds over two transfer deals but I'd much rather have Jake Hastie.

Hastie could make it at a decent level

IMO Burke has already crashed and burned

19 hours ago, buster. said:

I was just about to look this up. This was pretty much inconceivable at any time of the season before April. Especially given these are all the top 7. In the first half of the season we'd string some wins together against the bottom teams and then stumble when it came to one the top 6. What a turnaround.

By the way @buster., can we use the word "huge" for Kilmarnock? In 3 league games this season we've drawn 2 and lost 1. How deflating would it be to fail to win at Rugby park after such an inspired run? And how deflating to end the season 8 or 9 points behind instead of 6?

Of course strictly speaking the game is meaningless, but in terms of morale and signalling our intent, showing that we are a different team and extending that winning run to 7 it is very important.

Edited by DMAA

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

To be fair I think Burke has ability but needs a certain system to play in. Celtic have bizarrely played him up front often. He has pace to burn and on a wing in a good team would be decent. I'm happy they've wasted their money on him though because he's nothing more than that, a fast winger.

Hastie is exactly the player profile we should be aiming to sign for the squad and I bet he was absolutely buzzing watching that yesterday and can't wait for the first day of pre-season. What a feeling that must be after yesterday.

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

What a strange thing to sing. Why not sing Celtic won't see 9 in a row?

Much of the Scottish fitbaw environment is of relative, repetitive and very predictable low quality.

From players to pies, officials to authorities, media to songbooks.... but it's what we know and we tend just to go with it.

A little bit of imagination and a general will to carry it through regards the songbook could actually see us gain the political initiative but it's not happening anytime soon. 

As someone who lives overseas and doesn't attend matches I fully understand if my opinion is considered to count for nothing. 

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I was just about to look this up. This was pretty much inconceivable at any time of the season before April. Especially given these are all the top 7. In the first half of the season we'd string some wins together against the bottom teams and then stumble when it came to on the top 6. What a turnaround.

By the way @buster., can we use the word "huge" for Kilmarnock? In 3 league games this season we've drawn 2 and lost 1. How deflating would it be to fail to win at Rugby park after such an inspired run? And how deflating to end the season 8 or 9 points behind instead of 6?

Of course strictly speaking the game is meaningless, but in terms of morale and signalling our intent, showing that we are a different team and extending that winning run to 7 it is very important.

I think our season finished yesterday to be honest.

I'd send home the guys who have played most of the games

Tav, Goldson, Arfield, Jack and Candeias and give them an extra week to recover.

I think the important psychlogical win was yesterday and you now have to prioritise next season.

It wouldn't be throwing the game away because IMO we've still got enough in the squad and I'd give a couple of the youngsters a start, they deserve it.

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

Quick observation

Oliver Burke has changed hands for something in the region of 25M pounds over two transfer deals but I'd much rather have Jake Hastie.

The phrase I heard quipped about Oliver Burke, was:

All of the hardware, none of the software.

The lad doesn't seem to be the brightest.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think the important psychlogical win was yesterday and you now have to prioritise next season.

It definitely was. Maybe it's just me but I hate to see a winning run broken and I hate having a bogey team who can always say "you haven't beaten us". I'd like to see Middleton get a game but in general my preferance would be for the same team to break the Kilmarnock hoodoo.

34 minutes ago, DMAA said:

What a strange thing to sing. Why not sing Celtic won't see 9 in a row?

Totally agree and the words make us sound as bad as them. Personally, i find it in very bad taste and my only problem is the hypocrisy over this. Again, it’s more evidence  of the media programme to attack the Rangers support, while ignoring what others have been doing for decades. 

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It definitely was. Maybe it's just me but I hate to see a winning run broken and I hate having a bogey team who can always say "you haven't beaten us". I'd like to see Middleton get a game but in general my preferance would be for the same team to break the Kilmarnock hoodoo.

Not much of a hoodoo when we put them out of both Cups with Morelos scoring 7 in 2 games.