Just now, Gribz said:

Couldnt agree more. I'll check the defence and forwards, you get the midfielders and keeper then we split the bench. :thup:

Is “split the bench” a euphemism then? ?

17 hours ago, Gribz said:

just dont get it. It doesnt look right. Am I the only one who thinks it doesnt look right? Yet in this day in age there is a fear whether to say this and then expect a lambast back saying Im anti female or what ever.

Totally agree Gonzo. If you don’t jump up and down about how good it is, your a sexist? Never mind that most of it is guff and they enjoy merrily munching the rug! It’s all part of this gender drive to seem men subordinate to women within 20 years. They should take a good look at Holyrood shortbread towers, where men( very loose term) do what they are told by the gay girl mafia!

I have heard some discussions on the radio about the unfair pay gap in womens football to mens football. Apparantly they should be paid the same in world cups.

Just nonsense, but I tell you what when the ticket prices are the same and the broadcasters are willing to pay the same money for womens and mens WC rights, then they have a case, but in the free market economy the broadcast rights for the womens WC are a very small fraction of the colossal amounts paid to show the mens WC. And I read an article on BBC that said the ticket prices for womens WC are in some cases 10% of the prices for the mens, with the final being 70-80 euros for women and 700-800 euros last year in russia for men, and for other group games the prices were a fraction of what the mens games would be.

The womens cricketers were saying the same, it total nonsense. 

I’ve only seen fragments, most of it of a fairly low standard and the occasional bit of good football. Wouldn’t pay to watch. Never last 90 minutes.

Anybody watch a lot of it? How good/bad is it?

19 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I’ve only seen fragments, most of it of a fairly low standard and the occasional bit of good football. Wouldn’t pay to watch. Never last 90 minutes.

Anybody watch a lot of it? How good/bad is it?

I’m assuming that these 2 tonight are 2 of the better ones. As you say would not pay to watch it.

Women playing men's sport is always poor by comparison and never worth the money. It's the same with women's cricket. Somehow they get away with it in tennis although I've never understood why.

Watched the Eng v USA SF and the first half hour was fairly decent. Some slick short one-touch passing in midfield by both teams, quick counter-attacks, decent delivery into the boxes and some good finishes as it went to 2-1 USA. However after 30 mins it fell apart and became pretty poor stuff. The second half was of a poor quality, plenty of tension and drama but no real football quality on show. 

It is a million miles away from being of a similar standard to a mens game.