Just watched the most ridiculous farce I have ever seen in football,ref plays game on then because of rules looks at replays of a tackle in the box AFTER the video panel could not give a decision.

Penalty awarded after AT LEAST 8 minutes,saved by goalkeeper,then more V.A.R. farce and a re-take ordered after another 3 minutes delay and scored,on 90+4 minutes.

Game restarts and final whistle blows 2 minutes later,therefore no added on time added for 11+ minutes of stoppage.

My reason for posting this I HOPE THE F**K V.A.R. NEVER HITS NORMAL LEAGUE FOOTBALL.

I am a VAR fan but I have to agree with you tonight. VAR was not what was wrong in my opinion it was the stupid rule that a keeper can't be one step off her\his line. When you are in the heat of the battle how can you walk on a 5 inch line. I personally also think there was no clear evidence she did not touch the ball so no penalty should have been given.

7 minutes ago, pete said:

I am a VAR fan but I have to agree with you tonight. VAR was not what was wrong in my opinion it was the stupid rule that a keeper can't be one step off her\his line. When you are in the heat of the battle how can you walk on a 5 inch line. I personally also think there was no clear evidence she did not touch the ball so no penalty should have been given.

If V.A.R. is to continue a decision must be made much,much more quickly and by the appointed panel.To have the panel take so long and sit on the fence re a decision,which looked the case,then the referee take another "eternity" to look at the replays simply does not work.

I totally agree with Whosethedado in that people could be put off going to games.

10 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Imagine Michael Stewart on VAR and Claire Whyte remaining as Compliance Officer?

This is my big fear too about it coming into Scotland. Imagine the uproar the first time a decision going against the jungle Jims - :D OK I know I have taken that too far.

Glad to see from this thread that I am not the only one very very sceptical about the introduction of VAR. Its coming into England this season isn't it so we will see first hand if it improves the game or not

Just now, Whosthedado said:

This is my big fear too about it coming into Scotland. Imagine the uproar the first time a decision going against the jungle Jims - :D OK I know I have taken that too far.

Glad to see from this thread that I am not the only one very very sceptical about the introduction of VAR. Its coming into England this season isn't it so we will see first hand if it improves the game or not

Simply another layer of (costly) controversy.

If you have sub-standard officials then VAR won't deliver what it purports on the tin.

VAR will be good for the game. It delivers the correct decisions. 

The only errors are human; mainly interpretation. If the Ref/Panel are unsure it should just revert to the original decision. Timing will improve through practice and experience.

I think there should be challenges, though; like Cricket and Tennis. Instead of reviewing every little decision, let the Captain have 3 or 5 challenges per match; if they win, they keep their reviews, but lose them if they lose the decision.