Rangers chiefs lose latest round of court battle with Sports Direct and Mike Ashley over merchandise

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why all the fuss about blame. Whoever is responsible, it is what it is and the only thing worth talking about is where we go from here. Much as it makes us feel better to vent like this, fretting over which board made these deals is a pointless waste of time.

This deal is for the 2nd biggest income stream the club has outside of European success,  sorry but this is a massive deal , a massive drain on finances and potentially a massive drain on income due to the money we will have to pay SD in lost income , but sorry to fuss .

4 minutes ago, rbr said:

This deal is for the 2nd biggest income stream the club has outside of European success,  sorry but this is a massive deal , a massive drain on finances and potentially a massive drain on income due to the money we will have to pay SD in lost income , but sorry to fuss .

Couldn’t agree more. You now have two choices.... spend eternity allocating blame .... or decide what to do about it. That’s where we seem to disagree.

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why all the fuss about blame. Whoever is responsible, it is what it is and the only thing worth talking about is where we go from here. Much as it makes us feel better to vent like this, fretting over which board made these deals is a pointless waste of time.

Disagree or maybe agree a bit as long as lessons have been learned. When fuck-ups are made you have to have a post mortem to see what went wrong. No point in accepting a bad situation as it is what it is. These baskits would love that. We have to dissect to go forward.

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

Couldn’t agree more. You now have two choices.... spend eternity allocating blame .... or decide what to do about it. That’s where we seem to disagree.

How am I disagreeing,  this board is to blame for the mess , same as the memorial garden which is on course to cost another £1 million because of the mistakes made , every year questions are asked and no answers come back .

1 hour ago, rbr said:

How am I disagreeing,  this board is to blame for the mess , same as the memorial garden which is on course to cost another £1 million because of the mistakes made , every year questions are asked and no answers come back .

The memorial garden may also cost next to nothing - you are projecting.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Disagree or maybe agree a bit as long as lessons have been learned. When fuck-ups are made you have to have a post mortem to see what went wrong. No point in accepting a bad situation as it is what it is. These baskits would love that. We have to dissect to go forward.

With respect, knowing what went wrong (and clearly a lot did) will definitely inform the current board but if they're not already a long way beyond the point of learning lessons from it then all the fretting in the world won't change anything. 

It's worth saying that accepting a bad situation isn't even in question, since you have no choice but to accept a bad situation when it already exists. The only question in town is what you do from here, how do you make it better. Also, all this biblical rending of garments by supporters doesn't count for shit anyway.

2 hours ago, rbr said:

As I said, we don't disagree on the importance of the commercial handcuffs or the need to remove them. Where we disagree is that you're still repeatedly describing the problem while I think you should be describing the solution - and you can only speculate on that because only the board and their professional advisors can formulate any meaningful strategy.

I appreciate everyone’s point of view and I’m pretty much just in the camp of what can we do about it? I’m lost on all the legalities; does anyone know or can they explain what they think the board can do to rid us of this horrible lard ass? Once we are rid of this reptile we can dissect what went on..

If the supporters had just accepted Green and his buddies and bought strips from Ashely then we would still be in a lot worse trouble. I agree with a lot you say but I have to disagree here. Voices from the shadows can change things. It was the supporters that helped drive the spivs out. I agree we couldn't have done it without King the three bears but the supporters played a big part in the proceedings.