[FT] Legia 0 - 0 Rangers

I would say that in the return match we need an early goal so that the Poles then start chasing the game and leave gaps that we can exploit  , the  longer it goes at nil, nil it will be a  danger to our Hope's of going through  .

19 minutes ago, pete said:

Not really having a nightmare. Quite enjoying the discussion really.

Enjoyment and having a nightmare aren't mutually exclusive though.

Youre both having a nightmare and enjoying it - masochistic by any chance ? :ninja:

Goldson and Katic have formed a good and solid partnership (with Katic winning the defensive headers and Goldson looking to make the forward pass and link up with the midfielders) and therefore it would have been very risky last night to change that by introducing Helander (or Edmundson).  More especially, as Helander has had limited game time playing with either Katic or Goldson and on one of the occasions he did feature it was against East Fife who are not a team with high quality players.  In interviews Helander has expressed the view that he is ready to play and I suspect SG will want to see what extra he offers the team and therefore I would not be surprised to see him start on Sunday.

On anther note, I thought that last night Aribo was a bit less dominant than what he has been in previous games but he still put in a solid performance and like the views expressed by others I thought Jack had a very good game.. 

19 minutes ago, pete said:

Come on Frankie a few weeks ago Goldson had a blunder that nearly cost us and people were voting him for MOTM

So a player can only be MOTM material if they have a perfect display ?  We can now officially cancel all MOTM polls for the season as there won't be anyone we can vote for :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, craig said:

Enjoyment and having a nightmare aren't mutually exclusive though.

Youre both having a nightmare and enjoying it - masochistic by any chance ? :ninja:

Self-awareness is a really difficult concept for some people.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but when 99 people say the sky is blue and you insist its green then that's not a discussion. :D

17 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Goldson and Katic have formed a good and solid partnership (with Katic winning the defensive headers and Goldson looking to make the forward pass and link up with the midfielders) and therefore it would have been very risky last night to change that by introducing Helander (or Edmundson).  More especially, as Helander has had limited game time playing with either Katic or Goldson and on one of the occasions he did feature it was against East Fife who are not a team with high quality players.  In interviews Helander has expressed the view that he is ready to play and I suspect SG will want to see what extra he offers the team and therefore I would not be surprised to see him start on Sunday.

On anther note, I thought that last night Aribo was a bit less dominant than what he has been in previous games but he still put in a solid performance and like the views expressed by others I thought Jack had a very good game.. 

Yeah, Aribo played fine but his decision-making and passing was a bit off - more especially after half-time and later in the game when, I assume, he tired.

Helander will be rotated back in, possibly on Sunday like you say, but he's got a lot of work to do to depose Katic or Goldson.  I do like the look of him though: he seems calm, is decent on the ball and certainly does well aerially too with the biggest advantage of being left-sided.

1 hour ago, craig said:

We've drawn 2 games this season (with one being a scoreless draw and the other in a friendly...) and won the rest - so how can they have been costly mistakes ?

Can they not be "costly" mistakes without necessarily losing us points? You know exactly what I mean anyway, mistakes which lead to good chances for the opposition.

Edited by DMAA

28 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Self-awareness is a really difficult concept for some people.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but when 99 people say the sky is blue and you insist its green then that's not a discussion. :D

Did you just describe my soon-to-be ex-wife ? :ninja::roflmao:

15 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Can they not be "costly" mistakes without necessarily losing us points? You know exactly what I mean anyway, mistakes which lead to good chances for the opposition.

I wouldn't deem them costly if we win games, unless of course a title goes down to goal difference :thup: