Hi there Unfortunately I think he is going to be good for them, he has shown it already, he is the change they needed at the right time, their defence is a bit suspect at this early stage but we couldn’t test them yesterday, they are more workmanlike and this is effective for them, they  won’t drop the points they did last season, they are more difficult to beat, not that they were easy to beat under Rogers but were starting to show wear and tear, someone on another blog as a consoling thought after the result mentioned he was thankful he was still their manager ... I am not.

Edited by scotjo

I have a strong believe that if we can remain within touching distance at New Year then the Lennon factor will surely see us take the initiative after the winter break. He's utterly incapable of maintaining harmony and this time will be no different.

Lennon got them up for the game yesterday, they were chasing everything down and managed to break up the play, it was a horrible watch and a shite game. He had obviously used all the news reports to fire them up, but they didn't play well, they were efficient and industrious. There is no way  they will settle for that when we visit the giro dome, they set up like a St Mirren or Livi would.

On top of that we looked rotten yesterday, I think we overthought the game and as such Gerrard picked the wrong team, he will learn from his mistakes and a lot of players never turned up.

Where Lennon will lose it is games away to Aberdeen and Kilmarnock, as stated he can't keep harmony within a dressing room.

It was a tough one to take, particularly the manner of the defeat, however we will get the chance to put it right, i'm still confident about this year

I found the celebrations when Lennon was appointed strange. He's not flashy but he does have a decent track record of getting the job done and showed himself to be far more pragmatic than Rodgers in Europe. He's the only Celtic manager I remember since Martin O'Neill who gets results in tough games away from home for Celtic. We can still do this though and get a result at Parkhead, I just think people were naiive to celebrate and gloat when he was appointed.

Edited by DMAA

Much of "what TLB does"  happens because he has a 30m team of half-decent to quality players that know how to play the game. We can dislike them all we want, but e.g. Christie, McGregor, Forrest and even the racist are well and truly a cut above the rest of non OF teams.  Sadly enough, we have played them when our form has dipped and despite not exactly showing any class either, they took their chances. That can and has made the difference in OF games, no matter the form book, BTW. I wouldn't read too much into this.

As for TLB ... IMHO, the sale of Tierney for silly money spared him an early castigation from the high-ups ... for failing to reach the CL group stages.

Lennon was seen by their heirarchy as someone who would get the job done.  And there is no doubt he is capable of motivating his team for individual fixtures. 

But as others have said, that intensity and bristling style eventually puts noses out of joint... which is all fine until such time as results start to go against him.  And thats when I suspect things could unravel for them.