Robbie Fowler - update

Its all about opinions mate, and IMO he doesnt have a patch on some of our superb strikers of the past. I still laugh at any comment that compares Boyd to McCoist.

Try to compare the likes of Durie and Hateley to Boyd and you realise how far backwards we have went.

I know mate, i think that might be the problem, why do we have to compare him to our superb strikers of the past? IMO its unfair on him to do that.

Just like its unfair to compare Burke to Laudrup or Keven Thomson to Gazza or McGreggor to Goram, they are all players in thier own right, why should we be more critical over them just because we have had great players who have played in that position in the past.

We have gone backwards mate but IMO that dosent change the fact that Boyd is a must start for us purely because of his goalscoring.

I know mate, i think that might be the problem, why do we have to compare him to our superb strikers of the past? IMO its unfair on him to do that.

Just like its unfair to compare Burke to Laudrup or Keven Thomson to Gazza or McGreggor to Goram, they are all players in thier own right, why should we be more critical over them just because we have had great players who have played in that position in the past.

We have gone backwards mate but IMO that dosent change the fact that Boyd is a must start for us purely because of his goalscoring.

You're right it is unfair to compare and Im not getting at these players personally, its David Murray and Martin Bains fault that we have went backwards so much. The bold bit above is a great example of comparison between our past and present.

Our opinionated support which is divided on topics is another reason. But IMO Rangers FC should have a much higher standard of player than Kris Boyd.

Why are we thinking of replacing a Proven goalscorere with someone who is unproven.

We should be looking to accomodate boyd.Our wingers are absolute shite. Charlie adam, who isn't a wide player imo, is never going to get to the bye line and swing em in for boyd. And someone like Burke, hes havin a laugh. What can boyd do if he isnt getting decent service. He has proven time and time again if the chances are there he will swing em in. I think a major problem we have is we don't have a winger who can hit the goal line and swing it in.

Why are we thinking of replacing a Proven goalscorere with someone who is unproven.

We arent looking at replacing him, this is just my opinion.

We should be looking to accomodate boyd.Our wingers are absolute shite. Charlie adam, who isn't a wide player imo, is never going to get to the bye line and swing em in for boyd. And someone like Burke, hes havin a laugh. What can boyd do if he isnt getting decent service. He has proven time and time again if the chances are there he will swing em in. I think a major problem we have is we don't have a winger who can hit the goal line and swing it in

This proves my point about the level of our players. I agree that Burke and Adam are no more than squad players but this proves that our fans arent happy with the standard of player. I use Boyd as an example while Brindy uses Adam and Burke.

I agree with you Brindy, Boyd looks at his worst when he is up on his own with no service.

When service is good he gets at leat two goals. Every time he gets slagged off for not doing anything to help the team, he seems to create a goal for someone else - like for O'Connor against Austria.

Boyd also played better with a decent partner, with Prso bringing the best out of him.

If you give Boyd a decent partner and a creative midfield that provide him with chances he will improve immeasurably - and start breaking goal-scoring records.

I agree with you Brindy, Boyd looks at his worst when he is up on his own with no service.

This is true but its a team game and when we are playing 1 upfront it should be someone who is benifical to the team, again this isnt Boyds fault as he doesnt pick the team but he should be doing more on a personal level to improve his all round game rather than being out until late hours drinking and eating kebabs.

A striker is only as good as the service he receives. Theres very few forward players these days who can dribble past 5 players and plant one into the top corner. Boyd has proven that given the service he will score goals...and lots of them. As I keep saying, the number of times its him thats first to the ball in a crowded area is phenomanal.

If Walter can sign right and left wingers who can deliver decent balls into the penalty area, and a creative midfielder player who can play the killer through ball then Kris Boyd will get you 30+ goals a season. Sure he could maybe play more for the team, but sometimes the team should play to a players strengths...and Kris' are sticking the ball in the back of the net.

Malky

If Walter can sign right and left wingers who can deliver decent balls into the penalty area, and a creative midfielder player who can play the killer through ball

Malky

IF we do sign a decent right and left player along with a creative player thats almost a new midfield, and what happens to our current midfielders? I still cant work out if Ferguson is a holding midfielder or an attacking one. As he is moving towards 30 I think he should look at becoming our holding midfielder.

The problem is then we have BF, Hemdani and Thomson and most would have 2 if not all 3 in there starting line up then how do we accomodate 2 wide players and a creative player.

Everyone knows I still like the 5 man midfield and IMO this is the only way we are going to be able to accomodate BF, Hemdani and a new creative player in the same team.

Hemdani and a fully fit BF are a must for the team IMO, Hemdani and Hutton were head and shoulders above the rest last season, so Walter has a head ache as to how we line up next season.

But no doubts about it, we really do need some creativity in the team.

If we can get money for Fergie we should take it. The unfortunate thing is he will probably never leave until his contract is out.He is a good player but unfortunately he has grown bigger than the club and other teams know that.

Sell him and start anew.

If we can get money for Fergie we should take it. The unfortunate thing is he will probably never leave until his contract is out.He is a good player but unfortunately he has grown bigger than the club and other teams know that.

Sell him and start anew.

But unfortunately, we are in a position that if we sold Fergie, any money made from the transfer would not be put back in to the team. Like all other recent transfer money, it'll find its way into SDM's back pocket.

Cammy F