Robbie Fowler - update

Id much rather see Fowler in the team than Boyd then have a strong pacey forward like Darcheville or Sebo playing behind.

Class is permanent and Fowler's finishing is up there with the best. He knows how to be a penalty box striker.

Bang on Gribz. He'll score for fun up here and with Darcheville alongside, we may have a proper strike force.

Bang on Gribz. He'll score for fun up here and with Darcheville alongside, we may have a proper strike force.

Hardly anyone on here has seen Darcheville play much and already the two-year running top scorer in the league is being benched. :confused:

Hope i'm wrong but i'm concerned Darcheville will turn out to be a very poor signing.

Hardly anyone on here has seen Darcheville play much and already the two-year running top scorer in the league is being benched. :confused:

Right on, i feel sorry for Boydy sometimes, he's a striker who puts the ball in the back of the net but more often than not doesnt get the praise he deserves.

If we signed Fowler and he scored but didnt do much else to help out the team (as Boyd is regarded), will he become a scapegoat or be the goal scoring hero?

I do like Fowler and think he is (or was) a great striker but we have a person who is about 10 years his junior in the team who imo can only become a better player with McCoist and the like coaching him.

I'm a Boyd fan, as everyone on here knows,i still think/hope he can improve as a striker, he does fuck all but score goals if he could learn how to hold the ball up a bit, not run all over the park creating like some would want,then he could be one of our best signings we've made in years

I'm a Boyd fan, as everyone on here knows,i still think/hope he can improve as a striker, he does fuck all but score goals if he could learn how to hold the ball up a bit, not run all over the park creating like some would want,then he could be one of our best signings we've made in years

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Or we could just support JcD simply because he's not Scottish. Good call Ian.

However sometimes I find it hard to support my club because the fans of my club hate their nationality. It's embarassing.

:

However sometimes I find it hard to support my club because the fans of my club hate their nationality. It's embarassing.

I dont think thats an issue SA, I just think some fans look at Boyd and see an plum playing upfront. Nationality is nothing to do with it, he is a poor player and TBH part of a poor team in the last 2 years. He scores goals which many a player can do. But he misses double the amount of chances he scores and have his goals are miss-hits anyway.

Sorry, i just think he is no use as a player unless he improves greatly.

I dont think thats an issue SA, I just think some fans look at Boyd and see an plum playing upfront. Nationality is nothing to do with it, he is a poor player and TBH part of a poor team in the last 2 years. He scores goals which many a player can do. But he misses double the amount of chances he scores and have his goals are miss-hits anyway.

Sorry, i just think he is no use as a player unless he improves greatly.

I really dont understand this attitude that Boyd only scores easy goals, if he "scores goals that many a player can do" then why is he alone at the top of the scoring charts?

If he is scoring more goals than anyone else in the country by a mile while playing as "part of a poor team in the last 2 years" what does that tell you? I would say in that case, if the team improves, the service to him will improve.

Half his goals are miss-hits?? thats such a poor comment that i cant even think of a response to it.

I really dont understand this attitude that Boyd only scores easy goals, if he "scores goals that many a player can do" then why is he alone at the top of the scoring charts?

If he is scoring more goals than anyone else in the country by a mile while playing as "part of a poor team in the last 2 years" what does that tell you? I would say in that case, if the team improves, the service to him will improve.

Half his goals are miss-hits?? thats such a poor comment that i cant even think of a response to it.

Its all about opinions mate, and IMO he doesnt have a patch on some of our superb strikers of the past. I still laugh at any comment that compares Boyd to McCoist.

Try to compare the likes of Durie and Hateley to Boyd and you realise how far backwards we have went.