[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Porto (Morelos 69; Davis 73)

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I doubt money would sway Gerrard he's worth an estimated £60 million. I think he's simply a footballing fanatic who has to be in the game to be happy with his life. Story going around yesterday that Arsenal are preparing an approach for him which again I suspect he would turn down.

He's started this 'project' repeatedly stated that he's here for a 'very long time' and being on the verge of something special he will want to follow it through. The only thing that would move him anytime soon would be Liverpool and that's not on the cards.

I'd agree that money won't be his main driver and that he'll very much want to accomplish what he came up here to do. As long as he keeps making us better and incrementally moving towards objectives, I'd also agree he'll be inclined to stay.

Whisper it, but qualification for the EL KO stage and a League Cup Win would be MASSIVE increments.

Just now, buster. said:

I'd agree that money won't be his main driver and that he'll very much want to accomplish what he came up here to do. As long as he keeps making us better and incrementally moving towards objectives, I'd also agree he'll be inclined to stay.

Whisper it, but qualification for the EL KO stage and a League Cup Win would be MASSIVE increments.

Another factor regarding the alleged Arsenal interest. The usual suspects are proclaiming that just like Rodgers he will be gone in a heartbeat if an EPL club makes an offer, But consider this, let's say Arsenal did indeed make an offer.

Would Liverpool fan and legend Steven Gerrard make a move to a  club he would have to drive to take points from a  Liverpool side that at the end of the day could be instrumental in depriving them of the longed for holy grail of a first title in decades?

I just don't see it.

Still buzzin’ since I got home last night. The Morelos goal has to be one of THE all time great European goals. 

Looking at the table still think we’ll need another win from last two games to go through asI can see Porto winning their two games.

11 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Another factor regarding the alleged Arsenal interest. The usual suspects are proclaiming that just like Rodgers he will be gone in a heartbeat if an EPL club makes an offer, But consider this, let's say Arsenal did indeed make an offer.

Would Liverpool fan and legend Steven Gerrard make a move to a  club he would have to drive to take points from a  Liverpool side that at the end of the day could be instrumental in depriving them of the longed for holy grail of a first title in decades?

I just don't see it.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rumour mill.

In the clickbait era, there are probably 20+ rumours for every actual approaches/bid.

8 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

When Morelos shot for his goal there were 8 players in the Porto box, 7 of them were Porto players. 

Put me in the Goldson for MOTM camp, thought he was immense last night and marshalled our defence during a prolonged period of Porto pressure. Morelos will rightly take the headlines though. 

Barasic actually did well after his (very soft) booking. To play for 60 or so minutes on a yellow and not put a foot wrong is worthy of mention for a full back. Porto are a smart, professional outfit, who probably should have turned their greater possession and dangerous movement into a goal or two in the 1st half. I thought the injury to Pepe was the turning point in the match, they changed their shape and we started to control the match from that point on. Football is about taking chances though, and both our goals were hardly even chances, Morelos had no right to score from that position, it was a sublime touch and finish. 

To be competing at this level again, consistently, is just the best feeling. 

You can add the 76 minutes he played in Porto with a yellow.

Joins Helander and Morelos at one booking away from a suspension.

A few months ago I talked about the way Ryan Jack was so precise and deliberate in his finishing. 

Staying in the last third of the pitch, how about the very deliberate and precise ball into Alfredo for his goal...our wingers and full backs should take note.

There is always speculation about bids for Alfredo but I'd be surprised if Ryan Jack is going unnoticed.

Once they've finished celebrating the title win,...55 Million for the pair next summer would do nicely B|