[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Porto (Morelos 69; Davis 73)

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Rangers TV gets the qualifiers, BT get the group stage, nightmare!

You'd think it would at least be possible to offer it to subscribers to the unlimited package. Still that's business I suppose. I wonder how much if anything Rangers receives for tonight's game from BT.

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

You'd think it would at least be possible to offer it to subscribers to the unlimited package. Still that's business I suppose. I wonder how much if anything Rangers receives for tonight's game from BT.

Would be interesting to know how much they get from BT, and how much they earn from subscriptions?

27 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Would be interesting to know how much they get from BT, and how much they earn from subscriptions?

Rangers will get nothing from BT directly . BT will pay UEFA, and UEFA pay the clubs, depending on the usual various items, which resulted in us getting £6.4m last season.

The BBC have actually got s semi reasonable page up regards previewing tonight's game.

I'd C&P but you wouldn't get the 7 question quiz on Rangers v Porto (I only got 5 right :$)

One unusual stat they mention is that Alfredo has scored in the 44th minute for two European consecutive games.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50253793

4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Tonight is stick or twist for Stevie G.

There will be a compulsion to move the team 20-30 yards up the pitch, crowd Porto, and hope we gain our just rewards. The disadvantage is the width and space available to the opposition behind our back four.

I suspect it will be more of the match we saw in Portugal. We will be narrow and quite deep. If, like over there, we are competing in a tight tactical affair; we will open up a bit in the last twenty minutes.

I hope for a victory, those three points are gold dust; but I think a draw is more likely.

Agreed, three points tonight would be huge.

I think we have to be brave tonight, roll the dice and press for the win from kick-off (similar to the Feyenoord first half).

Put them under pressure and don't let them settle.

It's this type of approach we'll need against Celtic and we could do with breaking the habit of trying to ease our way into games against our challenging opponents. IMO, less respect and in their faces.