[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Porto (Morelos 69; Davis 73)

Thought we did well in the second half and controlled the game.

Sure, we didn't look too dangerous but we were the better team and looked more likely so not sure what McCoist and MacLean were on about.

An excellent win and what a chance to qualify from this group.

What a fantastic win tonight, and we never even played our best!. Morelos...……………...what more can you say about this guy? what a strike and then sets Davis up for the second! world class striker and when he does eventually leave we will make an absolute fortune. Brilliant.

Just now, ian1964 said:

What a fantastic win tonight, and we never even played our best!. Morelos...……………...what more can you say about this guy? what a strike and then sets Davis up for the second! world class striker and when he does eventually leave we will make an absolute fortune. Brilliant.

It's frightening how much we need Morelos. And hopefully the price tag we now stick on him is frightening to potential suitors. I'm now looking for a minimum £30 million and I mean bare minimum. He's proven himself against more than Scottish opposition.

While they were football-wise clearly on top, the longer it went on, the more obvious it became that they can't score. When Morelos struck, they came unstuck, Davis' goal was essentially the knock-out blow, as we controlled the game and were clearly on top up until the last 5 to 10 mins, when they finally rallied a bit ... as you would expect from a CL side.

Didn't see it coming, but what can you say about SG and us in Europe. Bar those presented goals in Bern, we would rule this group.

Hats of to all of them, but particularly Kamara, Jack, Kent, Davis and Morelos. Ran all night and gave it their all.

Goals and games like these will pu Alfredo in a different window alltogether, even though I have come to hate it to think of Alfredo and transfer money in one go.

NB: Is it just me or did I only hear the Bears roundabout the 60th minute mark in full voice for the first time in the game?

Edited by der Berliner

9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It's frightening how much we need Morelos. And hopefully the price tag we now stick on him is frightening to potential suitors. I'm now looking for a minimum £30 million and I mean bare minimum. He's proven himself against more than Scottish opposition.

Morelos will not be leaving in January, regardless of what money is on offer, we can't let him leave as we are in a title fight and SG needs him and I believe the board want to win the league more than make money on selling Morelos just now, if/when we win the league and then hopefully qualify for the CL group stage I believe he will be playing for us still, the guy can pick and choose where he goes next

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Morelos will not be leaving in January, regardless of what money is on offer, we can't let him leave as we are in a title fight and SG needs him and I believe the board want to win the league more than make money on selling Morelos just now, if/when we win the league and then hopefully qualify for the CL group stage I believe he will be playing for us still, the guy can pick and choose where he goes next

I have been saying for sometime that I think the best scenario for both Alfie and the club is that we keep him beyond January and hopefully win the league then keep him one more season. From there hopefully make the CL group stages and a 40 to 50 million pounds cash avalanche.

Alfie continues scoring against CL opposition my £30 million price tag becomes laughable and he gets the chance to move to the upper levels of the EPL rather than the Villas and Palaces of that league.