The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

32 minutes ago, buster. said:

I should have said quotes or posts from Stevie to back it up.............:D

At this stage, I doubt we'd get as much as 8M.

IMO 5Mish plus sell-on clause more likely.

If he continues to flourish, further down the line the price would go up.

Given our finances and that he's not as difficult as some to replace, it'd be a no brainer.

£8M for a young, full Finnish International with Europa League experience is an absolute steal for an English side in the top 2 tiers where the money spent on total mediocrity is outrageous. The sell-on clause is a given and should be non-negotiable no matter the final fee. He is a far greater player than Armstrong was when he left the bheasts for (ahem, reportedly) £9M, 

The manager has already stated the Kamara is being sought after as he has a list of the teams who are showing an interest in him, and other players.

I like Kamara and am always slightly miffed when he is left out of the team, however due to our European exposure and performances all our players will getting watched with interest from teams, so it is pretty normal that teams will be interested due to that success and Kamara is also doing well for Finland, but I agree he would be easier to replace than the likes of Morelos and if the club do receive an offer of £8m+ then it would be very difficult for the club to refuse.

3 minutes ago, compo said:

More talk of stevie for arsenal why the heck would the gunners want a green horn manager it's all tripe I think 

I believe SG will be here for a wee while yet especially if we win the league and the board continue to back him, SG loves Rangers and his desire to get us back to the top is obvious!.

Right now SG probably couldn't get a better job than he has, IMO.

Just now, compo said:

More talk of stevie for arsenal why the heck would the gunners want a green horn manager it's all tripe I think 

IMO Gerrard together with his backroom team are the real deal and what I think is important, is that big clubs don't scare him, quite the opposite, he's a real leader.

Initially I wasn't convinced by the simple logic that SG would go straight into the Liverpool job once he'd finished at Ibrox but as time has passed, I have started to see more than one reason why Liverpool would choose him to go straight in as long as he keeps improving our standard in Europe and starts winning stuff.

20 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Me 

We’ll see mate 

Regards transfer fees, it's important we start to get real value when selling.

It's an area where we are a fair bit behind Celtic and that needs to change for the better.

Doing well in Europe, International exposure and winning stuff would all help.

Ross Wilson good recruitment, and contract management.

It'd also be good if the coming years, some of our youngsters reached levels required for the first team.

14 minutes ago, buster. said:

Regards transfer fees, it's important we start to get real value when selling.

It's an area where we are a fair bit behind Celtic and that needs to change for the better.

Doing well in Europe, International exposure and winning stuff would all help.

Ross Wilson good recruitment, and contract management.

It'd also be good if the coming years, some of our youngsters reached levels required for the first team.

Yeah exactly & I agree 

I was being flippant above but the stories going out is we are willing to part with Kamara for that kind of cash 

Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace & Leeds are all keen