The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, craig said:

Its all pointless discussing it now - he went to Dundee Utd and got a pretty hefty wedge for doing so.  At the 3 million quoted I think we should be looking at better.  But the common theme in the transfer market this window has been the dearth of strikers available - why is it US that loses one of only two recognized strikers to injury - why couldn't it have been Edouard ?

I think it would be loan if we are looking at a striker. God knows who that would be?

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Its all pointless discussing it now - he went to Dundee Utd and got a pretty hefty wedge for doing so.  At the 3 million quoted I think we should be looking at better.  But the common theme in the transfer market this window has been the dearth of strikers available - why is it US that loses one of only two recognized strikers to injury - why couldn't it have been Edouard ?

It is pointless now but I think people will always ruminate over lost opportunities. I heard DU pay him about 5K a week. Nothing in comparison to many Rangers contracts but to my knowledge comfortably more than most  non OF SPL clubs pay.

I wouldn't want him now if he were going to cost in the millions. But this Defoe injury is a potentially killer blow. I'm presuming something will happen now but hopefully not some not well thought out reflex buy.

Though I doubt that. They must have been scanning many options in recent weeks and may simply be forced to get one in now.

9 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think it would be loan if we are looking at a striker. God knows who that would be?

I think it would be a loan. Defoe has signed for next summer and imo will remain as our number 2. We won't sign Morelos's replacement until the money is in the bank and what kind of a player could we realistically sign to come and compete with a Morelos replacement and Defoe next season? 

24 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think it would be a loan. Defoe has signed for next summer and imo will remain as our number 2. We won't sign Morelos's replacement until the money is in the bank and what kind of a player could we realistically sign to come and compete with a Morelos replacement and Defoe next season? 

Maybe an old head who wants game time? 

Any player should be looking at such as a great opportunity.

1.  Morelos won't be here forever

2.  Defoe will be out for at least a month and a younger player should be looking to displace him as second choice anyway.