The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

My initial thought on Tsimikas was why would we spend a significant amount of money on a left back when we have Barisic. This guy is valued around £3 million on transfermarkt which is a major sum when we already have quality in that position.

Then came last night and the clear lack of quality cover for Barisic. Has CL experience so seems to tick all the boxes.

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Why would a well-aged Greek player leave a CL-team like Olympiakos for a team in  ... Scotland to play 2nd fiddle to Barisic? Just think about it for a moment. 

I agree, I probably wouldn't if I were him. I'm simply responding to the reported interest. 

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Why would a well-aged Greek player leave a CL-team like Olympiakos for a team in  ... Scotland to play 2nd fiddle to Barisic? Just think about it for a moment. 

I think a more salient point would be, why take anything the Sun reports seriously?

Rangers are monitoring former France U-20 star Serhou Guirassy, according to reports.

French newspaper The Courrier Picard claims the Light Blues have scouted the 23-year-old Amiens forward this season.

He’s bagged four goals in 13 Ligue 1 games in 2019/20.

And Guirassy is also attracting transfer interest from clubs in Spain and England, including Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester City.

The Foxes are said to have watched the target man in October along with Italian outfits Roma, Bologna and Chievo.

The striker joined Amiens permanently from German side Koln in a £5million deal this summer and is under contract until 2022.

He made his senior breakthrough at Stade Lavallois before stints with Lille and Auxerre.

Speaking of which ...

RANGERS are tracking Portsmouth goalkeeper Craig MacGillivray.

Light Blues boss Steven Gerrard is on the lookout for a new keeper for next season and could make a January bid for the Pompey ace.

Gers’ veteran No1 Allan McGregor turns 38 next month and though he is likely to get a new deal, Gers are looking for someone to add competition.

With back-up Wes Foderingham expected to leave in the summer, Gers have been scouting a number of keepers across England and Scotland.

And MacGillivray, who this season was called into the Scotland national team squad for the first time, has caught the eye.

The 26-year-old has made a big impression at Fratton Park in the 18 months since he joined from Shrewsbury.

Pompey would not want to lose him at such a crucial stage in the season and would far prefer doing a deal in the summer if they were to lose him.

He is valued at around £2.5million by the south coast club, who also know there is interest from Championship sides Huddersfield and Birmingham.

Snatched from FF

32 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Yeah, wasn`t aimed at you, just a general thought.

Alas, the rumour machine is starting in earnest now.

Yep. Personally I would be surprised if there were any major recruitment in this window. The Olympiakos guy would be major within our budget. And as you say why would he want to leave a club where he's playing CL football to be a backup in Scotland.